Battery draining even when plugged in.

iOS 9 installed correctly, but the phone was very hot, and now I am showing battery drain even when plugged into the wall. Anyone else seeing this issue?

Accepted Reply

Try turning off the device and then turning it back on. Nearly every beta of iOS in the past has exhibited this behaviour and it has always been resolved with a ful restart.

Replies

Try turning off the device and then turning it back on. Nearly every beta of iOS in the past has exhibited this behaviour and it has always been resolved with a ful restart.

Yes same issue here - install the beta on the test device and it will be very hot. Is there an solution that works? It is the first time when i get an beta that i have these problem

Betas, especially early versions, are typically defeatured, and power management seems one of the first to go begging, so treat this as common, at least for now, I think.

On a separate note, it did give me the chance to test out the "low power mode." It pops up when it usually says "Less than 20% remaining." and gives you the option to turn it on.

When selected, it says that turning it on will result in slower data, manual checking of mail, dimmed screen, etc...

Seems to work as advertised, in that my battery loss slowed significantly when enabled, and I was still using the phone as much as before.

Took a few times, but eventually power-cycling the phone stopped the battery charging issue.

Does still appear to run a little hotter than I would like.