How much will the Apple TV Developer Kit Cost?

I understand there is a verification fee of $1, but if selected will we also be charged the cost of an Apple TV?

(If there is, that's totally fair! I'm just clarifying).

Accepted Reply

I can confirm that you will only be charged the $1 for the development kit.

We're really excited to be able to provide this opportunity to get your hands on this new hardware in advance of it being generally available. Can't wait to see what amazing apps you all come up with! 🙂

I'd strongly encourage everybody to register to receive one (provided you meet the eligibility requirements). You can do so here: https://developer.apple.com/tvos/developer-kit/

Replies

I received the email and live in Sweden. To me only US was available as delivery address and currency. Sent an email to support and will call them tomorrow.

Please share your findings 🙂 I have the same problem in Canada, both are supported countries but for some reason is not letting us enter a non US billing adddress

Just submitted the order. I live in Canada and have no problem entering my Canadian address.

I called the support. They couldn't figure out my problem but would look into it and get back to me. If I get any news, I will post it.

I had the same problem. I'm in France but could only put in a US address so I had it shipped to my parents, who live in the US. For those others in Europe there are US mail forwarding companies that will mail it to you here at relatively low cost (a small parcel sent DHL, that arrives in 3-5 days, is usually about $35). Nice to get free stuff. Nicer still to have the opportunity to write apps for it while the app store will be relatively empty. But it would've been good if we could've mailed them to our real addresses in Europe, especially considering the thought of explaining to customs that I only paid $1 for it.

The issues with entering non-US addresses should be fixed at this point. If you were selected to receive one of the Developer Kits you should be able to go to http://developer.apple.com/tvos/developer-kit/order and submit your order with the correct address. Please let us know if you encounter any problems.

I have been in contact with the developer support multiple times this day and they can't find out whats wrong.

I have also been in contact with online store. I still see the same US forms. Using Safari browser and cleared history and cache multiple times.

What to do now?

I am seeing a Canadian form even though I have an American address. Is there any way to change this to American form?

YES! Now have placed the order in the correct store (Sweden).

I received an email this morning that said to login into appleid.apple.com and very my address. I did that and then placed the order throguht the link in the first email and it worked as a charm. Thank you for your support Apple.

Lucky you guys. My country is not eligible (Slovakia/Europe). Funny that all neighbouring countries are. Hungary, Austria, Czech republic, Poland. Well except Ukraine.

I got my confirmation email today, did the whole Checkout Process, and paid my $1.

Thats all there is to pay, and you even get free shipping.

My kit is now on its way! Cant wait.

(Im in Australia)

Today? That seems late...

>Thats all there is to pay

Well, technically speaking you may need to buy your own cable w/the 2nd round kits, but yes, that's it.