El Capitan broke the App Store and Safari

Hello all,

Recently I downloaded El Capitan onto my Macbook Pro, and now I cannot seem to get into certain websites like facebook, or even the developer portion of the apple website. Strangely, I can get into every other part of apple's website, but not the developer portion. I had to download Firefox to get into it and write this post. Also, the App Store is broken in such a way that when I try and open it, all that is displayed is the start logo. I can click on the tabs like Featured and Purchased, but nothing on the screen changes except the color changes to show that I successfully clicked it. Is anyone else experiencing these problems?

-Andrew

Accepted Reply

I was having the same problem. I thought it was certificates so I tried fixing any that were expired but there were none. Then I uninstalled my malware software (avast) and everything began working again.

Replies

I still the the expired certificates errors on lots of things. Of course App Store, iTunes Store, Updates, etc don't work. I don't have any anti-virus. I'm just confused as what to do right now. I may try a re-install of El Capitan because it orginally hung when installing.

Hi all, I found this thread when I had problems upgrading to El Captian GM on my Macbook Air, I fixed it by following the steps in this post;

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/7005?q=ssl

Yep. Avast (aghast!) was the culprit on my Mac running ElCap final release. I had been unable to connect over SSL to my mailserver for incoming (IMAP on 993), but SMTP was fine (with SSL, apparently) on port 465 since installing the Avast AV for Mac. I couldn't connect to webmail over SSL either. Uninstalled the Avast AV app and Mail and the browser were all fine again. Something screwy going on there...

I am using El Capitan with the new Safari for a week now and I am extremely unsatisfied. Safari broke down completely for me. Search is impossible. I have to hit enter like ten times. Many pages do not load or load only partially. Speed is terrible. Tried to clear history but nothing. I hate when a company breakes a product I payed for and says nothing.

Do you have any DNS settings other than 'automatically assign'? I had a getflix DNS for watching US Netflix and as soon as I put it back to automatic, everything started working perfectly again! (I almost formatted my machine I was getting that sick of it).

Let me know if I've even come close to finding you a solution.