USB Audio Failing

I've observed USB audio seems to fail in El Capitan Developer Preview 1 using a CEntrance HiFi-M8. This device supports a range of 2 channel 24 bit formats (44.1KHz, 48.0KHz, 88.2KHz, 96.0KHz, 176.4KHz, 192.0KHz, etc.). While it worked just great in Yosemite, what seems to occur now is a grainy/garbled sound that seems a bit like the wrong format is being played even when 44.1KHz is selected in Audio MIDI setup and a 44.1KHz file is played in iTunes or in Safari.

Replies

Avid Mbox 3 not even recognized on 10.11 GM

Same here. USB Midi device issues on GM. 😢

nuForce Icon Dac (USB / CoreAudio) not even recognized by 10.11 GM, i think this is going to be a really bad release for USB audio users....

M-Audio Fast Track Ultra not yet recognized.😢 (but currently there are no updated drivers for El Capitan)

My Sound Blaster USB DAC (X7) is working absolutely fine on the GM ℹ🙂

The audio of my Native Instruments Komplete 6 audio interface deteriorates (almost like bitrates gets lower and lower) after playing 10-30 minutes befores it gets inaudible. Unplugging USB in and out solves the problem as does changing Hz from e.f. 44,1 to 48 and back. This happens in GM Candidate 1.

BOSE Companion 5 recognized but doesnt play audio. OSX 10.11.1 PB

Updated to the latest Public Beta of OSX 10.11.1 and my MAUDIO Fast Track Pro is still not recognized at all.

Using a Beyer Dynamic USB Headphone DAC on a 2015 MacBook running 10.11.1. Sounds great.

September 30th... the big day... still same situation...:-(

Same problem here, (El Capitan 10.11 on MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)) MSB Analog DAC doesn't work with USB :-( no issues on Yosemite

Audio Kontrol 1 worked perfectly in Yosemite. Now it works but if i attacch my usb/midi keyboard, as soon as i play a couple of notes, it start to crackle hardly in the right channel only. If i detach the keyboard it still crackle. I need to reboot the MacBook to make it work again and sometimes it go in kernel panic too :( very very sad :(

Same problems here. USB Nuforce uDac 2.

The problems for me started with the 4th or so release of the Beta and hasn't dissapeared since (including the Gold Master and Beta 11.1 release...)

Is there any updates to this yet? I cannot use my Tascam US-1800 interface since el Capitan. What is a good resource for this combination of tools?

the way I see it we're left out in the cold. Apple will not work to make the os compatible with the failing audio interfaces, but wait for the manufacturers to update their drivers. Here is a list... http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/el-capitan-mac-os-x-10-11-compatibility-information/

Since US-1800 is listed as "discontinued" (http://tascam.com/product/us-1800/downloads/) our solution is to either go back (and stay there...) to osx 10.10 or get another audio interface. Darn. VERY dissapointed... :-(