IOS 9 Restore Problem

Hello,

I recently installed the beta for IOS 9 on my iPhone 6 and archived a backup as suggsted.

I have been continually getting messages that I need to update to the latest beta version?

I backed up, checked on my phone and said that I had the latest version (which confused me for a start) and went through the process on the beta site again, installing the profile, etc.

My phone went to the white screen with "Hello.... Hola" etc and then got to the iCloud activation screen and just wouldn't accept my password and login.

"Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable. Try connecting your iPhone to iTunes to activate it, or try again in a couple of minutes"

After finally activating sometime later it tells me my Beta version has expired and perform a device restore.

The phone won't update or restore and is just stuck on the white welcome screen.

I was initially getting message saying it couldn't restore because I had to turn off "find my iphone".... which I obviously can't do as I can't access my phone.

So I went to recovery mode.... same deal.... downloads software, put in my iCloud password via Itunes and it tells me it can't activate.

To add to my woes I believe 8.4 is no longer available?

What is the best way forward from here... hopefully that is a clear enough explanation... apologies for not being the most tech-savvy of posters 😝

Any help greatly appreciated

Accepted Reply

Yes, as a Public Beta tester, that's going to be necessary whether you want to simply restore from your 8.4 backup and stay on 8.4.1 or, from there, update back to the latest iOS 9 beta. So:

1. Go to iCloud.com and disable "Find my iPhone" for your device - this will wipe it.
  2. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  3. Turn off your iPhone and leave it off.
  4. Plug in your device's USB cable to a computer with iTunes.
  5. Hold down the Home button on your device as you connect the USB cable. Keep holding down the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
  6. When you see this screen, release the Home button. If you don't try steps 3 through 5 again.
  7. When your device is connected, iTunes will open. You'll see a message saying that iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
  8. Accept iTunes prompt to restore it back on iOS 8.4.1

If you then want to go back to iOS 9, don't restore yet from a backup. Just reinstall the profile from https://beta.apple.com/ using Safari on your phone and update. You'll then be able to restore from your iOS 9 backup (Post a new question if you have any trouble with this).

If you want to stay on 8.4.1 then you'll need to copy your backed up backup into the appropriate folder first...

Replies

Same problem but i'm stuck because itunes times out every time it tries to download iOS8. I have Internet and i can browse/downlaod files otherwise. My iPad is briked at this point.

1. Turn on ipad, it says that it can activate because iOS9 is expired.

2. I turn off ipad, then press home button until recovery mode happens.

3. Itunes offers to restore, i choose that.

4. Itunes says it's download software...

5. Itunes times out.

What now?

Have gon trough this loop over 5 times and it's getting frustrating.

I already tried going to iCloud to delete the iPad. It says that it will be deleted next time it comes online, but this never happens (see step 1).

I already tried restoring and old backup but it wont do it becuase i have turn off Find my ipad. I thought i had done that by erasing my ipad but appparently that won't kick in until my ipad can be activated, which never happens.

Hi Piter,

I'm happy to try to help, but please could you start your own thread - this one is already long and convoluted with many additional posters and your issue is not the same as the OP's. Just copy-paste your question here: iOS 9 beta

-Max