Price of AppleTV to UK devs?

I'm thinking of registering for the AppleTV dev kit, but I'm in the UK and I can't see anywhere, what the price would be for UK devs?

Accepted Reply

It's been confirmed here by Apple Staff member pdm too (link):

I can confirm that you will only be charged the $1 for the development kit.

There really isn't any doubt about this now: If selected, you’ll only be charged $1.00 (or similar based on local currency.)

Replies

Hi,

It's been thrice confirmed in the US (because it's unusual that Apple gives stuff away for free to devs) that the only cost for the AppleTV dev kit lottery is the $1 fee for verifying. If you want confirmation that the same is true in the UK, call Apple Developer Support (UK) on 0844 209 1507.

Max.

Just called them. They seemed to be unsure. I don't know this for sure, but I'm presuming it's $1 to register, and then you have the opportunity purchase, but what the purchase price will be in the UK I have no idea, and I would want to know before registering.

A lot of people (including me) assumed the same until numerous calls & emails to Apple Developer Support in the US confirmed that the $1 registration/verification cost was indeed the only cost. See:

How much will the Apple TV Developer Kit Cost?

As an example of some of those reports.

Also the tvOS Developer Kit page itself states:

"If selected, you’ll be charged $1.00 USD or in local currency during the checkout process to verify your billing and shipping address."

It's been confirmed here by Apple Staff member pdm too (link):

I can confirm that you will only be charged the $1 for the development kit.

There really isn't any doubt about this now: If selected, you’ll only be charged $1.00 (or similar based on local currency.)