Downloaded iOS 9.0 GM seed, 13A340, but it is 13A341

Hello!

Today I downloaded the new iOS 9.0 GM seed, 13A340 to my iPhone 5s and backed up my iPhone and then I installed the .ipsw by holding the option key and clicking the restore button in iTunes, as usual. And I installed it but when I look i have the 13A341 Build, don't know why... and when o check for updates OTA on my iPhone, i can find iOS 9 Public Beta 3 as an download... I think something is not right.

Replies

I got the same issue.

I hope an apple rep can clear it out for us.

I have the same problem like you.

The ZIP-Archiv Name is "iOS_9__iPhone_5s_Model_A1457_A1518_A1528_A1530__13A340.zip".

The Name from the IPSW is "iPhone6,2_9.0_13A341_Restore".

I think in the ZIP-Archiv is the wrong IPSW.

I have already update my other phones linke iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 and iPhone 6 to the Version 13A340

Regards

Hi Chrille,

The slight change from 13A340 to 13A341 will have resulted from Apple engineers making a last minute improvement to the build for your particular model of phone and thus incrementing the build number - it's a good thing and nothing to worry about.

The PB3 Beta appears because you still have the Public Beta profile installed, but you can clear it out yourself: First delete your old Beta Profile (probably the only one there) from Settings > General > Profiles. You should then do a hard reset of your iPhone: Hold the home and power bottons until it powers off.

Then select Settings > General > Usage > Manage storage. When the app list loads, you should see the beta itself, select this and then delete it.

Let us know if this answers your question 🙂

-Max

I followed these steps. The settings app still have a update badge that persist even after hard reboot. No update is available.

Yep, you're going to have to put up with the badge until you next update.