iOS 9 Builds with Content Blocking Extension stuck in Processing

Anytime I submit an iOS 9 app build (w/ latest version of XCode) that contains a content blocking extension, it gets stuck in "processing" in the prerelease tab indefinitely. Some builds have been stuck for over 72 hours, and I've tried resubmitting builds with different build #'s / versions. All stuck. However, if I submit the same app without the extension, or with a different extension (e.g. a today extension), it will finish processing within 30 minutes.

Does anyone have this problem/know how to fix it?

Replies

Have you built it with Xcode beta or the latest Xcode 6?

I've been building it with the latest Xcode beta, since I'm using new iOS 9 functionality.

Same here. I thought I'd use Swift 2 for my new content blocker app, because why not? A content blocker (app & extension) only has ten lines of code anyway.

Then I've received a warning every time I submitted my app, and it has been stuck "In Processing" ever since. I've tried six times, the last time with GM build of Xcode 7, to no avail.

Then I've created a new project in ObjC, copied all resources over, submitted again - no warning, and minutes later, it was ready for beta testing and submission. So that's something you could try.

So beta testing works now, but submitting for App Store review still doesn't seem to work:

> Invalid sdk value. The value provided for the sdk portion of LC_VERSION_MIN_IPHONEOS in SansFonts.app/SansFonts is 9.0 which is greater than the maximum allowed value of 8.4.

> Invalid sdk value. The value provided for the sdk portion of LC_VERSION_MIN_IPHONEOS in SansFonts.app/PlugIns/content-blocker.appex/content-blocker is 9.0 which is greater than the maximum allowed value of 8.4.

> Invalid Toolchain. New apps and app updates must be built with the public (GM) versions of Xcode 6 or later, and iOS 8 SDK or later. Don't submit apps built with beta software.

I guess Apple simply haven't updated the restrictions in their backend yet...

Submission isn't open yet for iOS 9 apps.

For current 8.4 apps, you should use XCode 6.

It is an iOS 9 app. However, I am not even at the point where submission is possible- my apps get stuck in processing. Other apps I've made built with iOS 9 GM have made it past the processing phase, so this is specific to apps with content blocking extensions.

Interesting. Unfortunately, my app has quite a lot of Swift 2 code so it won't be easy for me to convert to ObjC. Thanks a lot for your help.

I had the same experience. After switching by content block extension to ObjC it went through processing in less than 30 minutes, meanwhile the build that used Swift is still in processing over 24 hours later.

I only needed to change the extension. The rest of my application is still Swift, including 2 other extensions in the same package.

I had the same issue with a Swift 2.0/iOS9 application. The only way to get it through the "Processing" stage was to uncheck "Enable bitcode" after archiving and submitting to the app store. I am submitting radar 22803386 for this.

Unfortunately, disabling bitcode does not seem to be a universal fix.

Nothing in junk mail folders.

Have tried disabling bitcode.

My apps do not use App Thinning, and have not changed substantially since the last uploads.

Same behavior regardless of uploading through Xcode or the Application Loader.

Same behavior from multiple networks.

The past couple days, I have been unable to complete the upload at all. It pauses for a long time "Verifying Application Assets", then fails with the message "The session's status is FAILED and the error description is 'failed to open ssh session. (16)."

This appears to be an Apple side problem for a large number of people. I have half a dozen builds, all for the same version and build number, all displaying "Processing" now for many days. Now builds are just displaying "Created" when the SSH session fails as described above.

In the new Resource and Help section of iTunes Connect, there is this statement. I suggest every developer who is having this problem contact Apple as indicated until app submissions are back to where they were before the past couple weeks.

Why is my build Processing and how long can it take?

Before you can use a build on iTunes Connect, it must be processed. If you’ve successfully uploaded a build and it’s in the Processing state for more than 24 hours, there may be an issue with it. To resolve the issue, contact us.

Naifmakin1234

Naifmakin1234