Plugin appears to be stuck loading on WatchOS 2

Our WatchKit app has been running fine. Recently, I've added a WatchOS 2 target to our app and after spinning for a while, the new WatchOS 2 app closes. The messages I'm seeing in the console are:

Aug 28 10:52:54 xxxx-AppleWatch gizmoappd[91] <Notice>: (Error) WatchKit: <SPGizmoPlugInManager.m __59-[SPGizmoPlugInManager sendToPlugin:clientIdentifier:call:]_block_invoke:1104> We had more than 15 pended calls for xxxx.yyyy.watchos (22 total), so will attempt to force a load of the plugin

Aug 28 10:52:54 xxxx-AppleWatch gizmoappd[91] <Notice>: (Error) WatchKit: <SPGizmoPlugInManager.m __59-[SPGizmoPlugInManager sendToPlugin:clientIdentifier:call:]_block_invoke:1122> plugin xxxx.yyyy.watchos appears to be stuck loading. trying to force it to quit

Can someone tell me what gizomappd does and why it might have a bunch of pended calls from my WatchOS app?

Thanks,

Sean

Replies

yes have the same issue!

WatchKit: <SPGizmoPlugInManager.m __59-[SPGizmoPlugInManager sendToPlugin:clientIdentifier:call:]_block_invoke:1130> after waiting for 1.0 secs, endUsing: callback for com.***.watchapp never fired. Giving up and hoping the next load attempt works

Even i am facing similar issue, any update?

I'm having the same issue. It crashes the first time it is run. Running the app again doesn't cause a crash.

This is what I noticed:

1. Running the Watch app manually with Xcode attached causes the watch app to open, close, open again and work. No crashes registered.

2. Installing the app from the Watch application, then once the app is installed (finishes loading on the Watch) unlocking the device with the Watch iPhone app in foreground, then opening the watch app for the first time doesn't cause the app to close.

3. Installing the app from the Watch application, then keeping the iPhone locked with the Watch iPhone app open, then opening the watch app for the first time (once it finishes installing) causes the watch app to close.

The Apple Watch device logs for a crash scenario (#3) shows:

Sep  9 15:59:37 Cezars-AppleWatch iap2d[222] <Warning>: process com.***.yyy.clockapp is now running the foreground
Sep  9 15:59:37 Cezars-AppleWatch gizmoappd[88] <Notice>: (Error) WatchKit: <SPGizmoPlugInManager.m __59-[SPGizmoPlugInManager sendToPlugin:clientIdentifier:call:]_block_invoke:1115> The first pended call for com.***.yyy.clockapp was more than 30 seconds ago, so will attempt to force a load of the plugin
Sep  9 15:59:37 Cezars-AppleWatch gizmoappd[88] <Notice>: (Error) WatchKit: <SPGizmoPlugInManager.m __59-[SPGizmoPlugInManager sendToPlugin:clientIdentifier:call:]_block_invoke:1122> plugin com.***.yyy.clockapp appears to be stuck loading. trying to force it to quit
Sep  9 15:59:38 Cezars-AppleWatch gizmoappd[88] <Notice>: (Error) WatchKit: <SPGizmoPlugInManager.m __59-[SPGizmoPlugInManager sendToPlugin:clientIdentifier:call:]_block_invoke:1130> after waiting for 1.0 secs, endUsing: callback for com.***.yyy.clockapp never fired. Giving up and hoping the next load attempt works

And that is followed up by (after a few duplicates of the log above):

Sep  9 15:59:39 Cezars-AppleWatch securityd[68] <Error>: CFReadStream domain: 12 error: 8
Sep  9 15:59:40 Cezars-AppleWatch kernel[0] <Notice>: xpcproxy[783] Container: /private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/PluginKitPlugin/BB622000-8DEE-4132-9FD5-C5F9C9DF6563 (sandbox)
Sep  9 15:59:40 Cezars-AppleWatch gizmoappd[88] <Notice>: (Error) WatchKit: <SPGizmoPlugInManager.m __59-[SPGizmoPlugInManager sendToPlugin:clientIdentifier:call:]_block_invoke:1130> after waiting for 1.0 secs, endUsing: callback for com.***.yyy.clockapp never fired. Giving up and hoping the next load attempt works
Sep  9 15:59:40 Cezars-AppleWatch join.me WatchKit Extension[783] <Notice>: (Error) WatchKit: ComF: -[SPRemoteInterface _interfaceControllerWithID:] interfaceController for interfaceControllerID:30E0002 not found (clientIdentifier=(null))
Sep  9 15:59:40 Cezars-AppleWatch gizmoappd[88] <Notice>: (Note ) WatchKit: -[SPGizmoAppServer notifyClientsExtensionTerminated:] Companion app extension died - killing gizmo app com.***.yyy.clockapp
Sep  9 15:59:40 Cezars-AppleWatch gizmoappd[88] <Notice>: (Error) WatchKit: <SPGizmoPlugInManager.m __59-[SPGizmoPlugInManager sendToPlugin:clientIdentifier:call:]_block_invoke_2:1126> got plugInExited: callback for com.***.yyy.clockapp
Sep  9 15:59:40 Cezars-AppleWatch assertiond[51] <Warning>: Unable to obtain a task name port right for pid 783: (os/kern) failure (5)
Sep  9 15:59:40 Cezars-AppleWatch gizmoappd[88] <Warning>: plugin com.***.yyy.clockapp.clockextension invalidated
Sep  9 15:59:40 Cezars-AppleWatch Carousel[30] <Warning>: BSXPCMessage received error for message: Connection interrupted
Sep  9 15:59:40 Cezars-AppleWatch Carousel[30] <Warning>: BSXPCMessage received error for message: Connection interrupted
Sep  9 15:59:40 Cezars-AppleWatch iap2d[222] <Warning>: process com.***.yyy.clockapp.clockextension is now terminated
Sep  9 15:59:41 Cezars-AppleWatch join.me WatchKit App[782] <Warning>: -[SPApplicationDelegate extensionDidTerminate:] WatchKit App killed by WatchKit daemon

If you follow the steps described on item #2, then you don't get the crash. That happens because the Apple Watch is able to acknowledge the install status, which doesn't happen on situation #3:

Sep  9 16:16:19 Cezars-AppleWatch gizmoappd[88] <Notice>: (Note ) WatchKit: applicationWithIdentifierWasInstalled, installed (com.***.yyy.clockapp)

Unfortunately my Xcode is stalling when I try to see the available crash logs, but as far as I can currently tell, no crash logs were registered.

I've just confirmed that if you clean build the app using Xcode 7 GM seed, this issue is gone.

I'm still seeing this on the GM from time to time. Remove app via Apple Watch app on iPhone, then reinstall it from the Apple Watch app. Open main app on Apple Watch, and it'll sometimes crash on first launch or two. Then it'll start working.

I think doing too much work on "willActivate" will cause this error.

so,I call [super willActivate] at first, and then do other things.

- (void)willActivate {
    [super willActivate];
   // do other things
}

This is my solution.

All I do is

{

super.willActivate()

dispatch_async(dispatch_get_main_queue(),myblock)

}

and I still have the problem - so much so that it looks like it will never come up.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the application from the Watch app however works as described above and the app comes up immediately - please Apple fix this!

Yeah just got rejected for the same issue, not sure what to do. This bug is really annoying.

It's not working while I updated my iOS system to iOS 9.0.2.

The App Store had rejected my app. 😟

Hi. May I ask for the bug number? If you have not yet filed a bug report, you can do so at bugreport.apple.com Please include device console logs, the build numbers of iOS, watchOS, and Xcode tht you used, and the size of your watchOS app. Thank you.

-zk

bug number : 23082596

I had reported a bug.