outlook 2011 hangs on b3

Outlook 2011 (latest version: 14.5.1) hangs (beachball) under B3 - was fine under B1 and B2. My Excahgvne provider is not yet on the latest Server version so I cannot use the Outlook 2016 preview.

Anyone else had this problem? Any ideas fro a workaround?

thanks

Replies

Also seeing this. Made worse by the fact that Mail corrupted something when going from Mavericks to El Cap Beta 4 so I can't use either Mail or Outlook on this machine. 😟

Outlook 2011 (14.5.3 150624) still hanging on El Capitan Beta 5 (15A235d)

But if I click command+7 (progress dialog) then command+, (preferences dialog), and click Accounts section with click and hold left mouse button in account list with an unstop moving in the list until all progresses finished at least 30 seconds will be ok to use in next 10 ~ 15 minutes for my work. (depends on next synchronization time interval)

Same here, Outlook 2011 (latest build) is still hanging in Beta 5.

Completely removed Office 2011 and all preferences from the system, did a fresh download of the .dmg file from Microsoft and reinstalled it. Even reset NVRAM and Caches, no luck at all.

I'm wondering what changed between Beta 2 and Beta 3. If this won't get fixed, my company can't upgrade to El Capitan

what can I say, still beach balling in Beta 6. Is it working for anybody else?

Not at all, the same here. 4 versions without a solution.

Installed latest El Capitan Beta 7 but Outlook 2011 is still freezing even so it is on the latest version 14.5.4

What a shame, no progress from Apple or Microsoft since 5 Beta releases

Just installed OS X El Capitan Beta 8 but Outlook 2011 is still freezing. Does anybody know whether this issue will ever be worked out?

Adding to the thread: same problem here. I have latest Beta 8 (15A278b) and still beachballed. Frustering.

Still nothing. 😟

to bad, nothing changed with Build 15A282b 😟

I have installed the GM version and outlook is still hanging after some time. Anyone have an idea why this is happening or what the solution is?

I'm on GM as of yesterday an it is having the same behavior as you're describing. It sometimes runs for an hour and sometimes freezes/hangs upon start; hit or miss. I have submitted a feedback report as well.

Outlook version: 14.5.1

Will update the Outlook version and monitor behavior.

Update:

Behavior continues on Outlook 14.5.5 (150821)

Hello Everybody,

I thought I would pass along a fix I found for this. All of the microsoft aaplications plug into the Microsoft Database Daemon.app (Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Office/Microsoft Database Daemon.app) I found that if I used Activity monitor to quit it manually and then re-launchd outlook things started working as expected. I took a stab in the dark and I disabled App Nap for that application and so far it seems to have cured what is ailing Outlook.

I will report back if I run back into the issue. I hope that this helps someone out.

Update: Nevermind. Aparently I was just REALLY lucky for the rest of that day. Issues have resumed after the weekend. Sorry about the false hope!

disabling AppNap didn't solved the issue for me, at least not with the latest Version of Outlook for Mac 2011.

Working in Offline Mode is fine but as soon as I turn it off and the synchronization kicks in, it dies

On GM Release; received Microsoft Office Update 14.5.5 - it seems to have solved the problem (for now)

EDIT -nevermind; mail came in (which was new) but after that it was beachballing again.