Smart App Banner and campaign link

Smart App Banners in Safari will open the app store if the viewer of your web page does not have your app installed.

Any way to code the link with a Campaign from the new App Analytics?

E.g. Campaign link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id888917601?pt=10633139&ct=demo1&mt=8

E.g. Meta tag for App Banner:

<meta name="apple-itunes-app" content="app-id=888917601, app-argument=notestream://open">

Is there some way to put "ct=demo1" into the meta tag for App Banner?

Thanks.

Replies

Hi, I am trying to do this exact same thing, did you have any luck?

I'm looking forward for this as well =/

However, the solution that I have so far is to ask the user on the web page for some data like e-mail and store,

then when on the App very first launch we ask for the e-mail again and match with the stored (from the server) e-mail.

If it matches this means this was the user that was in the web page.

Another way would be to get the user IP however there're those cases where the Wifi is on and u might run on NAT related issues (a bunch of users with same public IP).

Tkx

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of Wils Down vote reply of Wils

We need this also! We have both links to the app and the banner on our homepage, but these are currently impossible to distinguish. You can specify campaigns using the old affiliate style but that seems like the wrong approach to take. It'd also help if you could see the full referral address instead of just the domain.

I have looked for a lot of info and finally this is the solution that I have done for a campaign in our web http://iphonedigital.es

1) If you have NOT an iTunes affiliate account:

<meta name="apple-itunes-app" content="app-id=[App Store App ID], affiliate-data=ct=[campaign name]”/>

2) If you have an iTunes affiliate account:

<meta name="apple-itunes-app" content="app-id=[App Store App ID], affiliate-data=at=[affiliate ID]&ct=[campaign name]”/>

If my answer helped you, please mark this reply as "This helped me" with the button that you find below-right of this answer. Thank you!!

Reading from apple help page: "If you promote your app with Smart App Banners in Safari, you can add your campaign token and provider token when implementing a Smart App Banner on your website." When i open the documentation at "https://developer.apple.com/documentation/webkit/promoting_apps_with_smart_app_banners" there is no mention in HOW TO DO IT.

Reading around looks like you need to implement this code:

Its still not clean to me how i should encode the text inside content: should i url encode it? Help me pls

last post cut my meta part: <meta name="apple-itunes-app" content="app-id=***, affiliate-data=pt=yyy&ct=zzz">

is it correct? do i need to url encome something inside content attribute?

Hi @PGP I'm trying to do the exact same thing. I tried adding it in the format you suggested above but I'm not getting any campaign data through to my Connect Analytics account. Did you have any luck adding it in a different way?