Sandbox in app purchases not working

Hello,

Is anyone else having an issue where the sandbox in-app purchases aren't completing? I've changed nothing in my code and for some reason in-app purchases are not completing at all.

Replies

An autorenewable subscription just worked for me in the sandbox.

If your app is also available on the App Store be sure to delete old builds before installing a new build from Xcode.

This is really weird. It seems my sandbox in app purchases are working when I test on my iPad but don't work when I try on my iPhone? Seems more like a device issue. Would a simple iOS restore from backup possibly fix this issue?

Let's clarify:

Is your app is available on the App Store

If so, did you delete old builds before installing a new build from Xcode.

Are you testing from an Xcode installation or a TestFlight installation

Check under Settings/ iTunes & App Store / at the very bottom are you logged into the Sandbox?

I've just restored my iPhone from iCloud backup and the sandbox in-app purchases are working perfectly now... Makes no sense at all. Glad it;s working now though.

>I've just restored my iPhone from iCloud backup

That's one way to delete old builds from your device before installing a new build from Xcode.

There's no need for sarcasm. I've resolved sandbox issues this way when nothing else works – including the obvious step of deleting the app completely before installing a new build, which you're implying that the poster has somehow failed to bother trying.

" including the obvious step of deleting the app completely before installing a new build, which you're implying that the poster has somehow failed to bother trying."

I was implying nothing. I was asking - did you delete the build before reinstalling from Xcode. I did not receive an answer to that question. So I asked a second time. I still did not receive an answer so I speculated that the problem was ....

delete the old build from the device before reinstalling from Xcode.

Do you know if JackB321 ever did that? Did you? You called it "obvious" - what makes deleting the old build obvious? And calling it an "obvious step" is insulting to all those people out there who did not realize that they need to delete the old build. Perhaps even the OP.

This same problem is now happening to me as well. Everything working fine earlier yesterday, but now being met with "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" in the console when tapping the purchase button for my item.

I've tried creating new sandbox accounts, logging-in/out of iTunes (both real and sandbox account). Right now I'm restoring the phone so I'll report back if that does the trick.

Update: Issue still occurring after restoring from iCloud 😟

At the risk of being accused of something or other...please confirm that you did, in fact, delete the old build from the device before reinstalling from Xcode.

You are correct - I've uninstalled/re-installed directly from XCode (on 2 different devices that were both working at one point - 2 different Sandbox accounts attached under Settings > iTunes & App Store).

Thanks for the confirmation. I tested the sandbox and it is working for me (a renewal of an autorenewable subscription using an old testuser). Other things that could be wrong include your banking contracts - make sure they are all signed.

Yep - all correct😟 I find this super odd because it literally was working - and actually worked one single time (I thought it was fixed) in the midst of my struggle here - but has since reverted back to "Cannot connect to iTunes Store."

Heyooo! Just wanted to give an update: I once again reset my iPhone - but this time I did not restore from a backup - and it appears to be working for the time being. Figured this would be helpful for anyone else experiencing this problem if everything else fails. Appreciate your help PBK!

I'm having a very similar problem.

My credentials work in a bunch of other devices, just this iphone Xs Max that is cousing problems. When I try to do the in app purchase, it asks for my password twice, says I'm all set and they I get stuck on a loading screen after that. If I close and open again the app, I see that the purchase didn't go throug.

I tried deleting and reinstalling it from testflight, many different credentials on the system and sandbox... nothing works.