In app purchase “Cannot connect to iTunes Store” error for Sandbox user

We're using sandbox for testing auto renewing IAP but most of the time it's returning error saying 'Cannot connect to iTunes store'.

We've followed steps mentioned in following document : https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/NetworkingInternet/Conceptual/StoreKitGuide/Chapters/ShowUI.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40008267-CH3-SW11

The System Status for iTunes Sandbox is showing Green (good) right now, but it still doesn't work for me.

Replies

This is because the In app purchase only work on real devices like: camera, and previous xcode 11.4, the push notifications (from xcode 11.4 you can work with push notifications on simulators).

This just started today for me as well. IAP sandbox (on real devices) was working this past weekend and have made no changes since to my IAP protocols. Appears to be an iTunes sandbox server issue?

Same for us right now,

responseCode: '0',

code: 'E_UNKNOWN',

Tried different countries' VPN

This is happening to me too.. I need a fix. I've submitted my app 4 times, and it keeps getting rejected.

This is happeninng to me.

It's using iOS 13.4, all of result are "Cannot connect to iTunes store" error (Error code: 0, 2, -2002).

But it works well in the last year.

I also figure out that Consumables, Non-consumables and Non-renewing subscriptions work well.

But it's always failed when Auto-renewable subscriptions.

Does any have any idea for this?

Can you help me please?

Same problem here. We have been pulling out our hair trying to test our subscriptions. This has to be one of the worst developer experiences I have had in my 20 year career. Dealing with Apple subscriptions and sandbox accounts has been a nightmare. It is stopping us from getting our clients application submitted to the store and frustrating all parties involved. It seems to work sporadically and is very unreliable.

This is happening for us now too. Everything was working fine earlier today (like... 2 hours ago) but now we're stuck waiting until this is fixed... Any ideas? Do I have to make another sandbox user (which in and of itself is a bit of a chore)?

One of my users is now getting this message for a recently renewed auto-renewable subscription:

PurchaseOperation: [A3AD40F5] Purchase finished with error: Error Domain=SSErrorDomain Code=16 "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Cannot connect to iTunes Store}

Something appears to have broken with auto-renewable subscriptions. The user is able to verify their subscription. It shows an accurate renewal date. However, the actual renewal is not confirmed and the user cannot progress past the purchase screen. This behavior does not appear in the sandbox... only in production.

Hi,

We are trying to validate in-app subscriptions today (2020-10-12) using sandbox tester and we are getting the same error “Cannot connect to iTunes Store”. On the page of Apple services status, there is no indication of error.

Anyone from Apple can check if it´s working?

Best regards,

Fernando Jorge Teixeira

i am having same issue since few days back..
Been stuck on this since morning, broken across old and new builds.

https://developer.apple.com/system-status/ shows everything as green but not been able to get IAP working.
Issue exists on iOS 13 device. No issue found on iOS 14 device.
I am also having issues with sandbox test. Error: Cannot connect to iTunes Store. I have tried with different emails as well but it s not working. any solution on this we need to publish our app as soon as possible.
Caught this error about 2 days ago and still continue catch it now, all my IAPs are fell off together for one app which I testing before send to review. Creating new accounts for sandbox environment didn't give results. In general, now, when I trying to buy an in-app purchase, the system asks for a password twice and gives an error with StoreKit error.code = 0.
Tested on iOS 12.4, 13.7 with Xcode 12.0.1
Sent mail to Apple support, but no replay yet.