Failed to register bundle identifier

Im getting the error "Failed to register bundle identifier. The app identifier "org.homeaidessentialsutah.homeaidessentialsapp" cannot be registered to your development team. Change your bundle identifier to a unique string to try again." The bundle identifier is saved under my bundle identifiers. Need help!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of dadamson Down vote post of dadamson
87k views

Replies

Hi, was anyone able to figure this out? I'm receiving the same error

I was working fine this morning and got the same error after lunch, and now I'm stuck. Does this have something to do with Apple?
Same here. It worked fine before and my app is on the App Store. I tried to manually add the Bundle ID on the developer portal and I get this error:

An App ID with Identifier '' is not available. Please enter a different string.

It happens for my Watch app and my Watch Extension, all other targets of my app work.
We get the same error, xcode will no longer automatically sign and we can't add the App ID manually on the dev portal either.
The app (it's actually an app extension) is already published on the app store with the same ID and this worked fine for the last year or so.
I fixed this issue by deleting my existing, manually created identifier in my developer.apple.com account. I think the problem is that Xcode is trying to create a new identifier automatically on your behalf, but the identifier already exists in your account. After deleting the identifier on developer.apple.com, I clicked the "Try again" button in Xcode and it worked. It also created a new identifier with the prefix "XC ". I can only assume that the "XC " prefix indicates that it's an identifier managed automatically by Xcode.

Warning: My app has not yet been published to the App Store, so proceed with caution.

If you're new to development with Xcode, you may not be able to fully appreciate how much easier this is than it used to be, but this could very well create other issues if your app is already published. You may also want to try experimenting with unchecking the "Automatically manage signing" option, although this will, of course, mean that you'll have to handle all provisioning profiles, signing, entitlements, etc. on your own. Good luck.
  • worked for me, thanks!

• Thanks, Removing the one with the wrong case allowed me to re-register it with the correct case! P.S. I had SOOO many test Identifiers in here! Took me like 10 mins to remove them all!

Add a Comment
I have the same problem with an Action Extension that is live, but for some reason it's AppID has disappeared from the portal, and when I (or Xcode) try to recreate it we get an error that it already exists.

I've sent a couple emails to Apple support on this but it seems like a difficult problem for them to understand as they just keep on sending me links to docs about creating AppIDs.
  • I am having the same problem with one of our apps, does anyone have a fix? Please help

Add a Comment
Hi, did anybody got to the bottom of this or found a working solution? I'm having the exact same issue with my Watch only app (already published some time ago).
In our case the problem was that the App ID was registered in the personal team of a member of our companies team. So we needed to find out which member had the ID registered. That person had to contact the apple support and ask them to delete the App ID from the personal team.
Check both debug and release tabs under signing capabilities of targets. Add Team and Profile.
Any update? I've having this problem now too. I build my game 4 times today and then on the 5th this error started popping up... My app has already been published so I can't really change anything with the ID. This is so frustrating.
Add a Comment
The problem arrived when I added a device UUID in my Apple Developper Account.
I changed the bundle identifier manually (adding a version number) and it worked. I guess that the bundle name in linked to a specific UUID list.
The app is not on the AppStore so I don't know if it will cause a problem if it does.
  • this worked for me adding a version like 1.0.0

Add a Comment
I'm also facing this problem with my app extension.

Any idea to resolve this problem?
I managed to resolve this issue by updating the bundle identifier to something unique like com.example.myapp to com.example.myapp2021 within the general tab.

This simultaneously updates the bundle identifier seen in the sub tabs under signing & capabilities. It appears that each time a build fails, you need to specify a new bundle identifier.
I have the same problem with an Action Extension that is live, And uploading app using Automatic managing, But now getting the issue with active extension that bundle is not available and when i go and try to register the bundle on Apple Developer account.

It says bundle is not already registered.

Any suggestion would be helpful.

Check your both your project debug setting and release setting pages for the following:

There is a bundle id setting for when you build for "debug" (i.e test on your phone) and another bundle id setting for when build for "release".

If you have two different apple accounts, your bundle ID will be attached to only one of the apple accounts (it cant attach to both).

So one cause of the problem is that the "Team" dropdown box setting for "debug" is different to the "Team" dropdown box setting for "release" Makes sure the "Team" dropdown box in your project settings is set correctly on both pages.