New version during a phased rollout

Hi!
I have seen a few posts regarding this topic but none of them have a concrete answer, and I haven't been able to find an answer online, and was hoping someone with knowledge or experience doing this could provide some clarity.
If I release an app with phased rollouts, find out I need to update it, pause the phased rollout and submit a new build, and release the new build with phased rollouts again, would the original users who had the phased rollouts the first time be included in the new version rollout?
For example: I release version v1.0. when it hits 5% I make an update for version v1.1. I push 1.1 with phased releases, does it start over at 1% with a fresh batch of users, or does it continue at 5% and push the update to the users who already automatically upgraded from v1.0 phased rollout, and then continues?
If it starts over at 1%, would it pick the 1% the original v1.0 phased rollout targeted? Or would it be a new random set of 1% users.
I understand that users must have automatic updates on, and that they can update from the app store manually if they wish at any time. I also understand I can push an expedited review, or remove my app from sale if I wanted. None of those are actions I want to perform. I would like to specifically understand or research if anyone has had the experience before if the groups receiving a phased update stays consistent during a phased release with an update after pausing, or if Apple selects a new batch of users every time.

Replies

Users chosen for PR are 'selected at random'. I interpret that to mean step/by/step, not upfront and queued, so yes, new batch every time, regardless if you change horses in the middle of a crossing.