ERROR ITMS-90725: "SDK Version Issue. This app was built with the iOS 12.4 SDK

We have two targets.

MCOM and MCOM QA and both are built using iOS 12 SDK.

But when we submit the MCOM build to Test Flight, we get following message.

We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, "Macy's" 8.4.2 (8042.200501.150315). Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

ITMS-90725: SDK Version Issue - This app update was built with the iOS 12.4 SDK. As of June 30, 2020, updates to apps for iPhone or iPad must be built with the iOS 13 SDK or later.

But when we try to upload MCOM QA build to Test Flight, we get different message

ERROR ITMS-90725: "SDK Version Issue. This app was built with the iOS 12.4 SDK. New apps for iPhone or iPad must be built with the iOS 13 SDK or later." Return status of iTunes Transporter was 1: ERROR ITMS-90725: "SDK Version Issue. This app was built with the iOS 12.4 SDK. New apps for iPhone or iPad must be built with the iOS 13 SDK or later."

So basically Test Flights assumes our QA apps as new app but release apps as update.

Does anyone faced this issue and how to resolve this?

Replies

I am running into the same, "ERROR ITMS-90725: "SDK Version Issue. This app was built with the iOS 12.4 SDK. New apps for iPhone or iPad must be built with the iOS 13 SDK or later."

This requirement was originally specified on March 4, 2020 and set to go into effect on April 30 per: https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=03042020b

However, on March 26, Apple announced the rule would go into effect on June 30, instead of April 30. https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=03262020b

So, I'm baffled as to why I'm receiving this error when attempting to upload to App Store Connect.

how come i am still getting this error while they extended the deadline!! any idea please ?

We are also surprised to see this deadline not being pushed back, contrary to what Apple clearly announced here: https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=03042020b Could an Apple person please comment on this? This really is creating quite some nuisances on our side. Many thanks!

I too am getting the same error

ERROR ITMS-90725: "SDK Version Issue. This app was built with the iOS 12.1 SDK. New apps for iPhone or iPad must be built with the iOS 13 SDK or later."

Why announce an extension and then not implement it?

I got a response from Apple regarding this. The extension only extents to app updates - it does not apply to new apps.

In my case, both targets should be considered as app updates. But surprisingly, release target is considered as app update and QA target is considered as new app. I have been chasing apple support for one month but the issue is not resolved yet.

I spoke with apple team and they explained the reason.

As per apple, if the app is already in App Store, that is considered as app update. But our MCOM QA target (different app id) has never been to App Store as we use this for internal purpose. So apple considers this as new app when we push to test flight. Unfortunately they couldn't provide any exception and the only solution is to replace all UIWebView with WKWebView.

Wow this is complete ignorance on Apple having ignored this issue. In conjunction with the developers, creators and investors who put their time, money, and products on the line I'd hope someone from Appple in their giant enterprise would provide a solution to this issue.
I had the same issue on macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and Xcode 10.2.1.

ERROR ITMS-90725: "SDK Version Issue. This app was built with the iOS 12.2 SDK. As of June 30, 2020, all apps for iPhone or iPad must be built with the iOS 13 SDK or later, included with Xcode 11 or later."

But after update OS and Xcode according to this documentation its resolved. And my app successfully build and submit on appstore.

Now I use macOS Catalina 10.15.7 and Xcode 12.1.

I'm also facing the same issue.

ITMS-90725: SDK Version Issue - This app was built with the iOS SDK. All iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 13 SDK or later, included in Xcode 11 or later. Further, starting April 26, 2021 iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 14 SDK or later, included in Xcode 12 or later.

Note: The App was built with XCode 12.4 and it only has deployement target iOS 13(iPhone) only.
I'm having this issue right now. I've got XCode 12.4 with a deployment target of iOS 14 (iPhone) only. This seems to be a brand new issue, as I had deployed just last evening without an issue.

I was facing the same issue and promoting this error message while submitting the app on the AppStore -
ITMS-90725: SDK Version Issue - This app was built with the iOS 13.7 SDK. All iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 13 SDK or later, included in Xcode 11 or later. Further, starting April 26, 2021 iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 14 SDK or later, included in Xcode 12 or later.

But I saw my build is in processing on the TestFlight even showing the above error so concluded that it is just a bug of the Xcode
I searched iphoneos and saw one of my framework plist file has DTSDKName iphoneos13.1 I set it to 14.4 as shown in the picture and it worked!
I solved by searching in my .xcodeproj (project.pbxpoj) by "IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET" and changing value from 12.0 to 14.0 in 4 different places.