Anyone get a "kill() returned unexpected error 1" when testing iOS 13.2 beta?

Started seeing this popup in the console a lot when debugging my iOS 13.2 app. Any one know what this is about? I'm not trying to kill any process and my app keeps running so am not sure what is causing this...

Thanks,

Neal

Accepted Reply

Started seeing this whenever web views are shown. Also curious about the cause of it.

Replies

If you are having trouble viewing printed information in the command window because of this bug*

My work around is to just have breakpoints before and after unique executions that you want to track and using a customized NSLOG for the output with a unique phrase that you can easily search for inside of the command window. If you are running a loop, please use an index to view particular information. Obvisouly there is redundancy in this method, but you can remove break points and you can easily remove a custom NSLog by changing the output to " ... "(no output) when you are finished. Making it easy to activate your nslog later.

Example of a unique phrase: "Home Screen ViewController - Array - The Main TableView:";

"View Controller - Object Type - To Where"

Plenty of ways to do this but its been worth the extra input as we have been hiring other developers and using a lot of code.

Still seeing this beavior in iOS 13.3.1

This seems to be fixed in the current iOS 13.4 beta.

this still happens in catalina and latest xcode. it's been around for a long time, but also it happens to Safari on mac. If you open Console and Safari, you'll see this error spam the console even with nothing opened in the browser. It actually happens when the mouse enters the window, not when it's trying to load or render and content, so it probably has to do with TrackingArea.

it also seems to be a sandbox issue because if you turn of sandbox in your project the error goes away. also an unsigned app with a webview causes this error in the console when you move your mouse within it's window, but goes away after signing the app. but that doesn't explain why Safari would be spitting out this error. anyway, I hate opening console because it logs like 50 errors per seconds and it gives me anxiety.

Message gone with Xcode 11.4 / iOS 13.4

I am still getting the error in Xcode 11.4.1 and iOS 13.3.1 (iPad 7th gen)

[Process] kill() returned unexpected error 1

1+ here: [Process] kill() returned unexpected error 1

Xcode 11.2.1 (11b53)

ios 13.4.1

OMG