Unlock iPhone to view cant open any third party app

When I try to open a third party app I get a screen that sais Unlock iPhone to view but when I unlock my iPhone the same screen is still there when I restart the app! Restarting does nothing... How do I disable or fix this? Zandor Smith

Accepted Reply

Hi Zandor,

You'll need to unpair your watch and iPhone, then pair them again (the iPhone will automatically backup your watch so that you don't have to re-do your settings):

Unpair your Apple Watch and iPhone - Apple Support

Set up and pair your Apple Watch again - Apple Support

Max.

Replies

You don't. Your WatchKit app can only interract with it's host app it cannot control third party

apps.

No you don't get it, It says that on every app...

This is what I see:

EDIT: Image doesn't show for some reason so here is the link: http://i.imgur.com/1B5VNbw.jpg

And it says that even when I unlocked my iPhone. How do I disable this security feature or is there a workaround?

Running watchOS 2 Beta 5 and iOS 9 Beta 5 btw.

Hi Zandor,

You'll need to unpair your watch and iPhone, then pair them again (the iPhone will automatically backup your watch so that you don't have to re-do your settings):

Unpair your Apple Watch and iPhone - Apple Support

Set up and pair your Apple Watch again - Apple Support

Max.

Sorry, missunderstood your post. As Max said, it's a pairing issue. Unpair and re pair your watch/iphone

and the problem will magically vanish.

Thanks! That worked!

Max108,

Thanks. This fixed my issue as well. My issue was with 3rd party apps and the Activity app. I lost the last weeks worth of activity data since the sync on that was broken too but everything seems to be syncing again now.

Thanks again,

biz