Beta 4 - No boot

Hi,

I intalled today the fourth Beta of 10.11. After this i can't boot my iMac. It freeze after 75%. After a PRAM-Rest the loading-bar do nothing and hold within 0%.

When i try to start in the single user mode: the boot stops after "System uptime in nanoseconds:..."

Safe Boot mode won't work. Only the recovery mode is working - so i can get to the terminal.

But if i try to navigate to the disk with:

cd /Volumes/

I get to the Volumes "ls": .Trashes, BOOTCAMP, Macintosh HD, OS X Base System

If I try to navigate into the Macintosh HD i get the massage "No such file or directory"

Is this a problem with the kext like the other topics?

Could anyone help me please?

Best regards

Replies

What kind of hardware do you have?

Do you have any kind of anti-virus software installed?

It is a iMac (Late 2012)

It was the Sophos AV installed but i uninstalled it a few weeks ago. But it is still LittleSnith on it.

Regards

im not sure what do to.. Sophos f...ed up my machine with Yosemite. It started to freeze. Flash could also be a source for this. When you run the sophos uninstaller, it does not remove everything. You need to google-it to find all files to remove. Bottom line: never run any antivirus which integrates heavily into the system

Now I am able to get to the Macintosh HD...

And i found the bad guy...

It was a Kext from Eltima...

Hi Absinthe, 🙂

Did you manage to sort this out using my posts in the other threads you linked to, or would you like some help?

Max.

These forums are about to be closed (OS X 10.11 Beta Forum Closing)

I should point out that I'm not affiliated with Apple in any way, but if you would like to request personal help, please contact me on MacMax108@gmail.com

-Max