IOS 9 beta 5 Watch os 2 : unable to install app ?

Hello,

I upgrade my iphone with ios 9 beta 5 and I've an apple watch running watch os 2.

It's not possible to install applications on the watch ... It's written "installation..." for a moment and after a while the app is uninstalled ...

Is ther anyone here to have the same problem ?

Thanks

Replies

Hi Irachell,

If I understand your question correctly, you may have the issue mentioned in the Beta 5 Release Notes:

WatchKit Known Issues

Some apps that run in Simulator may fail to launch on device.

• Note: If you see this, please file a Radar so that we can follow up to obtain logs.

They ask that you file a radar, which you can do here: https://bugreport.apple.com/

-Max

Thanks a lot

You may still do something about this if it's your own watch app. The Xcode 7 Beta 5 Release Notes explain:

watchOS

Watch apps written with Swift code may not install to the Watch from the phone.

• Workaround: Add STRIP_BITCODE_FROM_COPIED_FILES=NO as a user-defined build setting on the iOS, watch, and extension targets (or just add it as a project default).

I.e. select the "PROJECT" entry to get the setting as default everywhere in the project build settings, then press the + next to "All | Combined Levels" to add the setting with value above to the list at the bottom of the screen.

Max.