Internationalisation issue with Sirikit Custom Intents & iOS 13.4.1

Hi, I implemented two Custom Intents with Sirikit in my iOS app. When I was developing them I had iOS 13.3 installed in my iphone and one of my intents has a Siri Dialog prompt asking for the value of one parameter. All the app is translated to english and spanish and the custom intent worked nicely in both languages.

When I updated my iphone to iOS 13.4.1 my custom intent started to have the following issues (I saw both issues depending on the installation/test/device):

- Siri asking for the parameter value as if I wouldn't put any custom dialog with the standard phrase "What value do you want for <param>?" (more or less)

- Siri asking the Siri dialog prompt in english and not in spanish even when the rest of the phrases and Siri responses of the rest of the Intent and the app are correctly translated into spanish. The only translation that is not working is the Siri Dialog prompt.

I find this issue very strange and annoying. I tried to recreate the translation files for "Intent.intentdefinition": Intent.strings (Base), Intent.strings (English), Intent.strings (Spanish) and I even tried to recreate the whole Custom Intent definition and I'm still having the issue.

I also tried to change the iOS language and Siri language on my phone, restart, reinstall the app, intents, etc...

This is the Info.plist of my Sirikit extension:

CFBundleDevelopmentRegion
  $(DEVELOPMENT_LANGUAGE)
  CFBundleDisplayName
  InventorySearchIntent
  CFBundleExecutable
  $(EXECUTABLE_NAME)
  CFBundleIdentifier
  $(PRODUCT_BUNDLE_IDENTIFIER)
  CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion
  CFBundleName
  $(PRODUCT_NAME)
  CFBundlePackageType
  $(PRODUCT_BUNDLE_PACKAGE_TYPE)
  CFBundleShortVersionString
  $(MARKETING_VERSION)
  CFBundleVersion
  $(CURRENT_PROJECT_VERSION)
  NSExtension

NSExtensionAttributes

IntentsRestrictedWhileLocked

IntentsRestrictedWhileProtectedDataUnavailable

IntentsSupported

NumTotalItemsIntent
  SearchItemIntent

NSExtensionPointIdentifier
  com.apple.intents-service
  NSExtensionPrincipalClass
  $(PRODUCT_MODULE_NAME).IntentHandler

Any solution for this? Is it a bug from iOS 13.4? Siri integration is very important for the app that I'm developing and this is a blocker for me.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

Which iOS version do you have? I'm pretty sure this might be a bug because my app works ok with iOS 13.3 but not with iOS 13.4.1

I have also 13.4.1 on my devices. If I try it on a Simulator (with 13.4.1) everything works ok. I'll try it on a iOS 12 device tomorrow.

I have already filed a radar (feedback)

Hey, did you fix your issue? I'm still stuck with this.

Hi,

any news about that ?

my app (already in appstore) stop using custom intent on iPhone / 13.4.1

Thanks