I am getting validation error message creating sandbox tester account.

I am having trouble creating a sandbox tester account in App Store. I keep getting an error message saying there are one or more validation errors when I click on "Invite", but there are no indications of any errors. None of the fields are marked with red for an error.

What is going on? Is there a limit of the number of sandbox tester accounts I can create? Is anyone else having trouble with this?

Accepted Reply

I did a bug report, and they told me that when you create a sandbox tester account, that email address you use is considered an Apple ID, and an email confirmation is sent to that email address and you have to click on the link or button in that email address to confirm your Apple ID.

Replies

This sandbox tester is a kind of disaster! Tried three times with to differnt emails, getting error, at the same time verification link arrives, open link, click "verify", enter password, mail is verified, but still NO sanbox user. At the same time you have only one try for one email box!

You have to fix it once and forever!

Definitely a nightmare. Tried today and still nothing works.... Got the email (without any message telling me to go check it), veryfied the account and nothing appears... Been 2 years, still not fixed, hard to believe if you ask me..

Same error!!! OMG! Developing an app for Apple devices is a NIGHTMARE! I'm wasting so much time with this bullshits!

One other thing to check!!!

This is the error message Apple stupidly give you when you have already added the account in the first place, so make sure that isn't the case!

We are in August 2021 and the problem still persists. Tried with 3 different emails, same problem. Not able to create the sandbox tester. None of the emails was ever used with Apple. In Google Play Console you add the sandbox tester which is called the license tester without any problems.

Not only that, also creating in app purchase products is a nightmare. They have to go through the review process and the review gets rejected. Then you are asked to submit a new binary, however you did not manage to test it because of not being able to create the sandbox tester. Actually you are spinning in circles. On Google Play there is no review. Just create the product, implement the API, create the license tester and test. Way more convenient.

Hope these issues disappear with the release of the StoreKit2.

• The easier for the developer to add the in app purchases means the more revenue for Apple. Seems Apple is not interested in more revenue.

By the way, this issue has been marked as solved, which is not true.

Add a Comment

I am having the same issue, I cannot create a new user, I get the validation error but I fill in all the boxes?