Having issues authorizing payment for Apple Developer Program

• I also have the same issue and have been trying for 5 months. I have called apple several times and went to my bank several times. The only thing I can do is find someone that has an account already and hope they don't put any virus in my code when its published.

• Eu realmente nao entendo, porque uma empresa tao grande com um problema tao bobo. deveria no minimo ter uma documentacao explicando sobre o problema e como corrigir...

• Hello! I'm also having trouble processing the credit card. I tried it with different cards from different brands. Apple, please improve this process. Any suggestions on how to solve my problem?

Add a Comment

Apple Recommended

• Phone support is always unavailable and you never reply to emails. Why don't you fix this issue ???

• Why you guys don't fix that issue? I'm passing through that pain. Every day I spend more than 1 hour in the phone talking with apple and they don't solve my problem. Apple is a really big company, why they have an so silly problem?

Add a Comment

Replies

As I mentioned before, the only solution for this issue is-unfortunately-the wire transfer, it worked for me. Apple support gave me thier bank account details after a bunch of useless e-mails. They know quiet well that there is a glopal issue and that hundreds of people is claiming the enrollment issue but i don't know why they are in denial.

Ask them direct to forward the Bank account details for Apple, go to your bank and make the transfer, send Apple support the reciept you recieved after transaction, and they will activate the account.

I'm facing same issue.

Same in Hong kong. I tried today from a new credit card I received yesterday, and bought stuff online with it the same day. Yes, it's activated.

Apple says my payment is not authorized. Adress, name matching my new card. WEIRD!

Me too, if anytone has a solution, let me know. From Spain!

Hi,

I'm from Uruguay and I'm having the same issue.

I already tried with three different credit cards (of different financial institutions) and three different Apple IDs.

My credit cards DO NOT match the developer account name, I think that could be the issue.

Can anyone confirm if He recently was able to make the purchase using a credit card in the name of the same person of the developer account?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I was struggling with this for over a week. I tried 3 different cards, in my name or another. I tried my Windows PC as well as a Mac. Nothing worked, 10 attempts and I always ended up getting the payment rejected with a super vague error message. Apple support didn't help me at all.

Until one of my friends asked me if I tried the process from Safari on an iPhone! I thought it was kind of stupid but I tried it anyway. I used my Revolut card and it worked?!?!

So please, try that. I don't think that I've read this solution anywhere.

I hope it might work for you too.

Cheers,

Patrik

had the same issues as everyone for few days struggling try with a lot of credit or debit card. Today i manage to purchase it.!! It worked.What is do is i changed the confirmation email from my default icloud email address to google email address and click confirm order. It worked for me hope your guys worked as well.

I think the problem is that for large payments like this, $99, VISA requires a OTP (one time pin) to authorize payment. I live in Indonesia and when I make a payment for more than 500,000 rupiah (around $35 USD) I get sent an SMS with an 5 digit OTP that I enter into a VISA page after the transaction page. Apple does not use this system. So Apple is sending a greater than $35 payment request to VISA without an OTP request, which VISA then rejects because all payments above $35 require an OTP request! Apple tells you it is your bank but it isn't. It is Apple failing to incorporate OTP into it's system probably because it is international.

This does not happen on the Google Play Store because they only charge $25 so you can pay for it without VISA blocking the payment. I can't actually remember what happened when I joined Google Play so perhaps they do have OTP. Anyway, I have sent an email to Apple and am waiting for their response regarding this.

Good luck to us all!

Same Problem here

I just called Apple support and escalated this issue to their senior management. I ahve the same issues (4 credit cards got decliend, and new Apple account is not able to enroll at all). He basically said I've already tried all the method they can suggest (trying different credit card and using a different Apple ID). Anything else he said is internal and is not willing to disclose. He dose not admit it's Apple's internal issue at all. As soon as I said "it means it's not working" or "when will this resolved", he immediately replies "that's not what I said" or "I didn't mean that".

No responsibilities at all. Shame on Apple!

I'm from Colombia, same problem, I have tried three different cards from two different banks and I have not been successful, when they communicate with support they respond with a generic email

"

I understand that you paid for your developer membership but have not heard anything since. I’m happy to help.

We have been unable to obtain payment for your recent Apple Developer purchase. Please contact your financial institution for more information.

If you cannot resolve the issue through your financial institution, you may place a new order using a different payment method. To prevent further issues:

• Before placing the new order, notify your financial institution that you are expecting a charge from Apple and confirm that your billing information is accurate.

If your new order is unsuccessful, you can also try submitting a new enrollment with a new Apple ID. If you want to try this option, please reply to this email, then wait for our response before resubmitting your enrollment.

Thank you for your understanding.

"

Hello,

I have the same problem, I am trying for a very long time to pay in different ways, this is ****.

Please help if there is a solution.

I was finally able to make the payment, this is exactly what I did

1. I created a new Apple ID because with the first one after three payment attempts with different cards I get the message “We are unable to complete your order. There was an issue when we processed your order. Verify that your information is correct and try again. Duplicate order ”
2. I linked the New apple ID to a MAC and enabled two-factor authentication
3. I made the developer registration as an individual, using exactly the names and address as it appears on my bank statement using safari
4. I added the credit card that I am going to use for the Apple Developer Program as payment method for the Apple ID, that card accepts billing directly in USD
5. I made a purchase of the cheapest MAC application I found, from the app store using the Apple ID
6. Using safari, I made the payment of the Apple Developer Program, with the data of the credit card that I had previously registered with the Apple ID, for the name and address I used exactly what appears in my bank statement, not the name that appears written on the credit card which is an abbreviation of my real name, as in my country Colombia the postal codes are not fully implemented and they do not appear in the bank statement I wrote 000000
7. A day and a half after placing the order I received confirmation from my bank that the payment had been made and an apple mail with the Billing and Payment confirmation

Hope this can help

Im from USA and it happens to me

Has anyone tried using the same card twice and it working??