Ipod Nano The Selected device could not be found

Hello All,

I have a Ipod Nano 6gen, and if I connect the Nano with my imac, I see the device twice in Finder.

1, with an external hd icon and 2, with a ipod icon.

If I select the HD I can browse the device, but if I select the Ipod icon to sync my music it will fail.

I will open the main finder window for syncing, but I do not see anything else except a image of an Ipod with the right Ipod name and "The Selected device could not be found". So no sync posibility yet in Catalina.

Anyone has a clue how I can sync my Ipod?

Kr

Replies

I have the same identical problem.

I have the same problem.

Has anyone a solution?

Same problem but mine is an iPod Classic. Just hangs on "Loading" then eventually "The selected device could not be found" But I see it in my finder.

Same thing happend with the production version. And I had confirmed that everything works fine on 10.14 with the same iPod

I am having the exact same issue with my iPod Classic after updating to Catalina. I hope it gets resolved soon. One note though, it recognizes in iTunes for Windows just fine. It just won't work on my MacBook Pro in OS X, where my library resides.

Ipod nano 7th gen. having same problem.

Fixed this issue useing the following method.

I had iTunes 12.1.5.21 for windows. These ipod connected and worked properly on windows. Restored the ipod sofware 1.0.4. Now its working porperly on my macbook pro running Catelina.

If any one want to get that perticular version of iTunes please contact me at ndevarun@icloud.com. I'll send you the link for downloading.

I had the same problem with a brandnew nano gen 7 on Catalina.

After the "Get Started" in finder it was always "loading..." and after some time saying "The selected device could not be found".

These steps helped me to finish setup and being able to sync:

/1/ eject in finder

/2/ disconnect iPod

/3/ reconnect iPod

/4/ open DiskUtil

/5/ select the iPod

/6/ Erase: Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

After this procedure I am happy again.

• This is the only thing that worked! THANK YOU SO MUCH. Please make a you tube video tutorial on this 🙏

Add a Comment