Idle crashing

Since installing Catalina, I've been experiencing kernel panics when I leave the machine idle (2019 MBP 15 with Vega20). I had no such issues under Mojave. There's a thread here documenting many others experiencing similar behaviour: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250717203?page=77

I'm quite surprised to see there are no similar threads or reports in here.

I've been submitting sysdiagnose reports via Feedback Assistant consistently since this began. Having installed 10.15.4 beta 2 last night (with great hope for resolution as always), it took only a few hours before the system bombed again.

Looking at the case that I've been submitting my data under, I can see that under 'Resolution' there's now a text that says 'Investigation complete - Change required from 3rd party'. But there's been no correspondance in my direction about this. What 3rd party change is required here? Is there something I can do to move this along?

Is there any point in submitting my data any more? I've been doing it in the hopes that a fix would come from Apple, but this status update suggests that Apple believes the problems lie elsewhere?

Replies

After a couple of days with 10.15.4 beta 2, it appears it makes these crashes far more frequent. At this rate, I'll be forced back to Mojave quite soon.

And beta 3 makes the situation even worse. It's going the wrong way here. I've sent tens of gigabytes of data on this issue and I've got no response while the system gets gradually less usable as we move towards release.

It's kind of pathetic. Would it really be a crime for Apple to let me know what's going on here?? I'm commiting significant time to getting this nonsense fixed and the silence is deafening.

With 10.15.3 on my MacPro I have had a very very odd freeze which didn't generate a kernel panic nor did I get a "would you like to submit" UI from the OS on reboot.

There do seem to be some issues with Catalina that need to be addressed.

Had a window server caused reboot again last night. This is frustrating.