remove expression?

I added an expression during debugging, and now my app fails to debug. I get

"The LLDB RPC server has crashed. The crash log is located in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports and has a prefix 'lldb-rpc-server'. Please file a bug and attach the most recent crash log."

The invalid expression flashes on the screen in the list of variables and then it crashes. I'm thinking it's because of this bad expression.

My question is: How do I remove this expression? Is there a way to see all expressions in Xcode and delete them?

I see instructions online from years ago about deleting expressions from a file in xCode 4.x, but I'm on 11.3.1, so that doesn't help.

Thanks for any help

Accepted Reply

These expression are stored in a file call

Expressions.xcexplist
within your workspace. If your workspace is within your project, the file will be at
PPP.xcodeproj/project.xcworkspace/xcuserdata/UUU.xcuserdatad/xcdebugger/Expressions.xcexplist
, where
PPP
is the project name and
UUU
is your user name.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Replies

Can you walk me through the steps for how you added this expression?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

Right click > "Add Expression..." > type it in > did not click "Show in All Stack Frames" > Done

If I have a breakpoint in the section of code where I added this expression, the debugger dies with the above error. I briefly see the expression still in the list.

These expression are stored in a file call

Expressions.xcexplist
within your workspace. If your workspace is within your project, the file will be at
PPP.xcodeproj/project.xcworkspace/xcuserdata/UUU.xcuserdatad/xcdebugger/Expressions.xcexplist
, where
PPP
is the project name and
UUU
is your user name.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

Thank you very much! Deleting that file fixed my issue.