tccutil reset not working for app I am developing

Hello all,

So I am working on our app that uses the Contacts database. Of course we need to ask for permission to access the database. In order to test this I need to reset the tcc database, using tccutil, however it does reset the system, so I cannot retest the ask for permissions.

I am running on 10.15.3 for the moment on two different systems. The app only exists in one location (I had an issue with this previously, but I seemed to fix it by ensuring there was only one copy of the app on the machine). Both machines do have SIP disabled (due to some other development that I regularly do that needs SIP disabled), but I did try reenabling it and reseting the database, but that did not work either.

When I looked at the tcc.db itself (getting desparate), I don't see either my app, nor the other apps that have AddressBook access.

I would really appreciate any help with this issue – it is getting very frustrating.

Thanks,

Scott Little

Replies

You should keep VMs for testing. Your developer machine is not good for such things.

This is helpful for testing and it is what I do. But VMS for the development cycle are difficult to use and not exactly what I prefer.

Besides this doesn't change the fact that a tool (tccutil) doesn't work the way it is suppose to.