Simulating remote notifications - wrong appDelegate method called when content-available?

Seeing some surprising behavior when using the new Simulating Remote Notifications feature in the Xcode 11.4 beta.

Looks like my payload in my APNS file is correct - it displays the notification correctly in the Simulator on Springboard, and if I click the Notification my app launches. But if I set the content-availble value to "1", and then simulate the notification, the App Delegate's application(_:performFetchWithCompletionHandler:) method is called, and not application(_:didReceiveRemoteNotification:fetchCompletionHandler:). I'd expect the former to be called only when I'm trying to do a Background App Refresh.

This a bug or is there a chance that I'm doing something wrong?

Replies

curious if you ever got anywhere with this? We're seeing the same strange behavior with "content-available" pushes.

No, discovered this in Beta 3. I wound up filing FB7625283 which remains opened. I haven't gotten around to checking it out in the final 11.4 release yet.

Side note - also filed FB7625412, which describes how my Notification Service Extensions aren't executing (the images don't display in the Notficiation).

This is still an issue in the final release. Any reponse from Apple?