Magic Mouse 1 will not scroll on latest iPadOS 13.4 beta

Hi,

I am having a problem with my Magic Mouse gen 1. I have tried pairing it with my iPad numerous times and while it pairs, tracks, and selects things perfectly I am completely unable to scroll webpages or anything else and am forced to use my finger to do so. I have seen lots of people on YouTube using the Magic Mouse gen 2 and it works perfectly so I'm wondering, what about the 1st generation Magic Mouse is causing it to behave this way? Is it just because it's old and I need a new mouse? I'm just looking for answers right now so if the answer is just flat out no, then I can go get a new mouse to use but if anybody else has managed to scroll with the 1st generation Magic Mouse then I would like to know what I'm doing wrong because having a mouse that I can use properly with my iPad would be a huge asset to me.

Thanks in advance!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Shock9616 Down vote post of Shock9616
50k views
  • Same situation here, Magic Mouse 1st gen with IPad Pro 11 inch 2018 version. It really annoys me since I really think this is a easy fix by Apple!

• same here, im on ipad air 4th gen with mm1 not able to use scrolling feature. I feels like this is the most low standard not able to fix by Apple. with ios 14.5.1 still not able to scroll :(

• I have had the same problem and wanted to avoid buying a MM2 since I‘ve two MM1 laying around. I did some cross checking and found that the good old Mighty Mouse (this one with the trackball) works excellent on my iPad Pro 11 with iPadOS 15.0.2. The trackball allows also allows horizontal movement, depending on the active app and the home function works too.

Replies

Having same issue here!

Please fix this issue with Magic Mouse 1st Gen, Apple!

Device: iPad Air2, iPadOS 13.4 GM

Same problem here, latest iPadOS Beta. I'm on the iPad Pro 12,9" 2018 with the 1st Generation Apple Magic Mouse.

I can't understand, why other mouses can work easily for scrolling and an Apple Product can't...

yes im have some issue on ipad pro 11 scroll not working with magic mouse 1

hey there guys, yeah my MM1 doesn't scroll also.its Imperative to have scroll function working on a mouse.

by the way when your In the settings area of iOS how do you then use the mouse to take you back to the home screen?

cheers

Nope, Magic Mouse gen 1 will NOT scroll on iPadPro OS 13.4. You still need a finger on the screen 😐.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of rewf Down vote reply of rewf

Doesn't work for me either. iPad pro 11 Inch iPad OS 13.4. seems like a bug...

Found a workaround in the meantime:

If you enable Assistive Touch in Accessbility, then the Mouse click-and-drag will scroll the screens.

Add a Comment

Ssame problem here with the general release 13.4 .

With the mouse, click and pull that black handle (black bar) at the bottom of the display upwards. Then click on anything other than a running app. Just fyi too, command+H, does the same.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of rewf Down vote reply of rewf

Same problem with mine. Magic mouse gen. 1 + iPadOS v13.4.0 (iPad Pro 2018, 11"). That mouse does not scroll.

Hi, considering filling a bug on https://feedbackassistant.apple.com

Apple considers duplicated bugs as "votes" for a given bug report.

The more bugs are filled on this subject, the more is likely that Apple will react!

Yeah, but you won't be able to drag the screen when browsing on Safari.

I've been using MM1 with this Touch enabled without any issue before 13.4 😐

Same problem 3 months later. Updates have occurred since this... I'm on an iPad 2018 9.7" running iPad OS 13.5.1
Hi, same no change on the latest iPadOS 14 beta. Scrolling and drag-to-scroll still doesn’t work except home and app screen.
Same here, make non sense force the user to replace their magic mouse or trackpad that is full capable of doing the task just because apple don’t want to support it on IpadOS... I was wondering that would be the first time that i will enjoy to use my ipad for a real world task, but it seems i was wrong or at least i will be forced to expend few extra $$$.