Notarization: "Team isn't configured for notarization"

Apple Recommended

Replies

Please drop me a line via email (my address is in my signature).

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

The same problem. DPS tell me contact DTS. DTS tell me contact DPS. ... Cycle five times.

then,

DPS tell me send to Feedback Assistant 100 times.

No responding...

What's wrong with Apple Developer Support Department?

This issue in Developer Program Support’s responsibility. I’ve seen a number of developers stuck in this loop and DPS is taking steps to avoid that in the future (r. 81235504).

In your specific case, I believe that my DTS colleague Matt is already working with you on this, and I’ll let him follow up via a private channel.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Facing the same issue for a 3rd party app. Any updates on a method for how to solve this?

For this specific message, Team isn't configured for notarization, the advice in the Apple Recommended answer is still correct.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Even though we've been notarizing our macOS app already for quite some time, we've just been suddenly affected by this error. One of the reasons we started distribution via our website (.dmg) instead of App Store was to deploy improvements immediately and avoid certain issues and delays we've had with the review process. Apparently it's not that simple.

{
  "logFormatVersion": 1,
  "jobId": "3fba6b2a-4db9-4897-9b51-5b6f1a361401",
  "status": "Rejected",
  "statusSummary": "Team is not yet configured for notarization. Please contact Developer Programs Support at developer.apple.com under the topic Development and Technical / Other Development or Technical Questions.",
  "statusCode": 7000,
  "archiveFilename": "....zip",
  "uploadDate": "2023-07-22T07:57:16Z",
  "sha256": "316674c07aee66d2d0649e99d0d1bbb10c52ecbe241d19fc3e4d649d95ed2c99",
  "ticketContents": null,
  "issues": null
}

We've contacted the Developer Programs Support and are full of hope that this gets resolved in a timely manner.

• @eskimo Sorry for reaching to you directly, but I've thought if you could help us to escalate this somehow. We've contacted DPS and received reply from "Dustin with Apple Developer Program Support", case: 102051059754. Unfortunately they've pushed this back on us and provided generic troubleshoot instructions: "Resolving Common Notarization Issues" as if they were not aware that there is something that they need to action.

Add a Comment

@tomekit Did you get it resolved?

I sold many pre-order copies of my app with a promised launch date. Tested throughout the week, and the notarization process was working fine. However, on the release date, I encountered the 'team is not yet configured for notarization' error. I have everything checked on App Connect, all contracts, etc.

Talk about bad timing. Really annoying that even after paying $100, distributing outside the store, and Apple still finds a way to block the launch I've worked really hard on. I'll seriously think twice about building for this platform in the future.

• Completely uninstalling Command Line Tools for Xcode and installing it again resolved the error.

Add a Comment

Completely uninstalling Command Line Tools for Xcode and installing it again resolved the errorrr.