4. 2 Design: Minimum Functionality, invalid for 2 months

As a practical tool, the review was repeatedly rejected, and after numerous modifications during the period, it was still invalid. The review team was contacted but it did not have any substantial effect. Already tossed crazy, in reference to the review guide and applications based on similar ideas, we have made more functional features and technical adaptations. What should I do to abandon the whole project?

Accepted Reply

The definition may be a bit vague (even though they give examples if I remember well). But at list there is a general reason ; note that appreciation is left to reviewer appreciation.

It is the policy not to comment on other apps reviews (happily !).

Even though no one here can predict what review decision will be, one may give some advice if you explain what your app is about and what are its key functionalities (that's the core question for 4.2).

Replies

After two months of modification, it is always rejected. This is too bad for real developers. For our start-up companies, the time cost is too great. I decided to abandon the IOS development project or make a WeChat applet.

You did not tell what your app is about and was the exact rejection message (there are 7 topics in 4.2). So it is difficult to help.

But if your app can be made a WeChat applet, maybe it has not enough iOS specific functionality.

In that case, moving to WeChat maybe exactly what Apple advised you to do.

Thanks for the reply, 4. 2 Design: Minimum Functionality Guideline was rejected, the app was developed by SWIFT, and it also kept the latest features in design. Through observation, the Apple review team did not seem to have test data, it was rejected, and communication by phone was invalid....

The fact it is coded in Swift is irrelevant for 4.2 Guidelines.

The point is that your app, apparently, does not use any specific iOS feature and thus could be just a web app. The objective of this guideline is to avoid flooding the appstore with literally billions of apps that have little specific value as an iOS app.

So, think again on what your app is doing.

Hmm, an app that collects the App Store, users can bookmark their favorite apps through the share menu. Here are some introductions, but not listed. The main groups are designers, product managers。https://www.bytepai.com

After communicating over the phone, although I listed tools with similar concepts in the App Store that can pass the review, the Apple review team will not explain any other applications and reasons to you during the communication, so it needs attention. However, from the minimum function of 4.2, the definition is very vague, and the problem lies here.

The definition may be a bit vague (even though they give examples if I remember well). But at list there is a general reason ; note that appreciation is left to reviewer appreciation.

It is the policy not to comment on other apps reviews (happily !).

Even though no one here can predict what review decision will be, one may give some advice if you explain what your app is about and what are its key functionalities (that's the core question for 4.2).