Launch app on iPhone startup

I have an app that runs in background. My problem is, when user turns off iPhone and tuns it back on, my app donot gets activated. I want to bring my app from background to foreground when device is turned on. Any ideas are most welcome.

Thanks in advance..

• Hi. Did you ever figure this out? I found this thread at discussions.apple.com. It seems to say that when an iOS device is powered down and then powered on again, whatever app that was in the foreground when the device was turned off will show in the foreground again when it's powered on. Perhaps that fact opens up some options. I would like to know if anyone has found any leads to consider that might lead to a solution.

Add a Comment

Replies

Seems an indentical query to this previous thread, located via forum search:

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/97736

- note the admonition to provide more info, thanks.

It seems to say that when an iOS device is powered down and then powered on again, whatever app that was in the foreground when the device was turned off will show in the foreground again when it's powered on

That is what it says but that’s also completely wrong (-: On a typical user system, iOS boots to the Home screen, not the last app that was in the foreground.

If you’re working with a managed device you can configure it to boot to a specific app. See this post for more info about that.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"