TestFlight - missing On Demand Resources

Hi,

We've been attempting to upload, to TestFlight, an application which makes use of on demand resources / ODR.

The app appears to upload correctly and be processed, and be made available for testing in TestFlight BUT our various ODR bundles appear to not be available to the app to "pull". We get an error whenever the app attempts to fetch an ODR down.

This is an all-new thing for us - we've been uploading versions of this app for quite some time but now, suddenly, this is happening. No change to the content of the ODR bundles, no change to the App. We've even uploaded a previous app version to rule out it being a change "our side" - it still fails to be able to pull down any of the ODR bundles.

Is anyone else seeing this or does anyone know of any potential work arounds (obviously there's the option not to use ODR but that's rather extreme and would mean a HUGE download for our customers).

• The Issue with TestFlight and ODR is back since 48 hours ago. Our apps are no longer able to download ODR via TestFlight builds. Even the builds made before are no longer working.

Does anybody have the same issue?

• Same here for me

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

Hey folks,

Thank you all for jumping in on this. We believe this issue has been addressed. Please try uploading a TestFlight build again and let us know if you are continuing to experience problems.

Thanks,

James

Replies

When you say "Only for builds uploaded to Test Flight", do you confirm that it works fine when uploaded straight to the App Store? Or you didn't try that?

• Add to Phrasebook
    • No word lists for Simplified Chinese -> Russian...
    • Create a new word list...
  • Copy
  • Add to Phrasebook
    • No word lists for Simplified Chinese -> Russian...
    • Create a new word list...
  • Copy

Have it started to work for anyone? Please share any news and updates from Apple guys on this issue

This morning I am unable to get our latest build to even install from TestFlight - it just hangs half-way through the installation every time. The Apple System Status page says there was a "performance problem" but it was "resolved" though apparently not quite completly.

However, what I can get working is to use Xcode to install a Release build of our app onto two iPads, one of which is running iOS 13.3.1 and one of which is running iOS 13.4 Beta 4. The Release build is configured to NOT embed the on-demand resources IN the app (EMBED_ASSET_PACKS_IN_PRODUCT_BUNDLE = false), so it is downloading them from the App Store (verified by connecting the Console app and filtering on "process:appstored"). The app successfully downloads the resources on the iPad running iOS 13.4 and fails (hangs) on the iPad running iOS 13.3.1.

The app is being built with Xcode Version 11.4 beta 3 (11N132i) and it was uploaded to the App Store / TestFlight March 4, 2020 at 6:02 PM PST.

I have not heard anything new from Apple Developer Technical Support or any other channel.

I am experiencing the same issue with errorCode: 4994 in my latest TestFlight builds.
Please do post any updates here.

Yes, it would surely be rejected at that stage.

Could you all please ensure you have raised a Feedback Assistant bug and raised an issue with either/or the Developer Support and TestFlight teams?

Kind Regards,

Goffredo

Raised a Technical Support Incident ticket for this. Will update this thread when we hear about further developments.

Could you please raise a Feedback Assistant ticket referencing this thread and one of the pre-existing ODR related Feedback Assistant bug to help raise its priority please: FB7611040? Thanks 🙂

Thanks to all who have contributed info.

It's generally helpful to include your DTS or Feedback Assistant issue number with your post, so we can chase down from our side also.

FB: FB7605909 2/28/2020

DTS: 730731197 3/2/2020

Hey folks,

Thank you all for jumping in on this. We believe this issue has been addressed. Please try uploading a TestFlight build again and let us know if you are continuing to experience problems.

Thanks,

James

We were also experiencing this issue. We processed a build and the games were launching using ODR and then suddenly stopped. We have also been seeing build take around 8-12 hours to process and then fail with no information as to why. We have now started to process builds with less AOD resources and saw this working later this afternoon.

We've now rebuilt and uploaded a new build to the App Store and installed it via TestFlight on a few devices and the on-demand resources seem to be working again. Thank you.

Thank you for your help, server side issues on such a widely used system must not be that easy or fun :/.

Bugs raised:

* Feedback Assistant: FB7611040

* DTS ticket: 731018346

I have rebuilt and resubmitted the ODR powered app in question, it processed on TestFlight even faster than it used to be too 🙂, and I can confirm the issue seems solved for me. The ODR tags were found and worked as expected. Thanks 😀!

Fantastic!! Thanks all for posting your updates.

On attempting to pull ODR content, the iTunes server responded as "The requested application data doesn't exist." with error code 4994, for apple reviewer, so the app is rejected. But I am able to download from TestFlight in my device, it works perfectly.

Software: xcode 11.3.1

Tested on device iPad Pro iOS 13.3.1 in wifi

Feedback tracker: FB7640363