TestFlight - missing On Demand Resources

Hi,

We've been attempting to upload, to TestFlight, an application which makes use of on demand resources / ODR.

The app appears to upload correctly and be processed, and be made available for testing in TestFlight BUT our various ODR bundles appear to not be available to the app to "pull". We get an error whenever the app attempts to fetch an ODR down.

This is an all-new thing for us - we've been uploading versions of this app for quite some time but now, suddenly, this is happening. No change to the content of the ODR bundles, no change to the App. We've even uploaded a previous app version to rule out it being a change "our side" - it still fails to be able to pull down any of the ODR bundles.

Is anyone else seeing this or does anyone know of any potential work arounds (obviously there's the option not to use ODR but that's rather extreme and would mean a HUGE download for our customers).

• The Issue with TestFlight and ODR is back since 48 hours ago. Our apps are no longer able to download ODR via TestFlight builds. Even the builds made before are no longer working.

Does anybody have the same issue?

• Same here for me

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

Hey folks,

Thank you all for jumping in on this. We believe this issue has been addressed. Please try uploading a TestFlight build again and let us know if you are continuing to experience problems.

Thanks,

James

Replies

Hello,

We have noticed that too in our last two TestFlight uploads. ODR tags appear to be missing completely (everything works when simulating it with the app connected to the debugger) and we have not changed tooling, export plist settings, or our dev environment (nothing governing how ODR tags are created and managed in the project that I know of).

I have created the following bug in Feedback Assistant: FB7611040. Please feel free to dupe it/quote it in your bug report if you raise one (please do as it helps their engineers to prioritise).

Kind Regards,

Goffredo

Hello,

We are also having this problem. As you said, it's working when the app is connected to the debugger but it doesn't work in the last versions we uploaded to TestFlight.

Regards,

Carlos

The same problem 😟

Hey. We are exeperincing exactly the same issue. All this was working fine last week 25th of Feb, but starting from yesterday it no longer works for us either.

Same problem here. We've found that ODR with a new build works on iOS 13.4, but not on any version prior, like iOS 13.3, etc. I've filed Feedback reports, App Store support reports and a Technical Support Incident. No responses with anything useful yet.

Just recevied this from Developer Technical Support:

I have seen this issue pop up for a few developers recently, so I would have normally have asked you to file a bug report. But, I see that you already have filed one, which is great. Thank you for that.

That fact you are seeing invalid hashes, is a giveaway that this is related to a known issue on our backend and was recently confirmed by our engineering team.

I don’t have a workaround at the moment, but I’m in close contact with the ODR engineering team and will relay any relevant information I hear surrounding this issue back to you as soon as I hear about it.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of lenk Down vote reply of lenk

We don't seem to be able to see any success even with iOS 13.4 beta 4. We've tried builds from Xcode 11.3.1 and also 11.4 beta 2 & beta 3.

Can you confirm the exact configuration you saw success with please?

Hello,

Thank you for that thread, it's very helpful.

I don't know if it's related but we started to see weird crashes in our app at startup for new users since yesterday (03/03). Nothing has been changed on our side and the app was live for a week. Weirdest part is that it's only happening for users in the U.S.

The stack trace is also weird since it's crashing in UIKit.

Could it be a bigger issue that just ODR ?

Regards,

Thank you for thread! We experience the same issue with ODR. It stops working after the upload to TestFlight.

Same thing since 28 Feb

Error {
errorCode = 4994;
errorDescription = "The requested application data doesn\U2019t exist.";
}

Only for builds uploaded to Test Flight

Yes. Us as well. This has been happening since (I think) 28 Feb. For 2 seperate applications in testflight uploaded since then. All ODR requests fail, with the same error "The reqested application data doesnt exist"

Hello! Same thing here.
Does anyone know if this bug reproduces itself after you upload the build to the production instead of Testflight?

I doubt you would get it past submission checks if Apple find things breaking due to ODR not functioning.

Yes, but the question is whether this bug is reproduced beyond Testflight.

I doubt anyone will have got a build far enough through the cycle to know. Possible, but unlikely.

If the posts from lenk, further up, are anything to go by, this is sounding like an ODR identifier hashing issue, possibly introduced as part of support for iOS 13.4 - but as of yet, nobody has posted confirmation of this.