How to create your own VPN to relocate your iPhone?

I have some knowledge of Swift. I would like to create my own VPN to relocate my iPhone using Xcode but I have no knowledge about this subject.

Could someone help me with articles, videos, courses, or tutorials?

Thanks you.

Accepted Reply

Custom VPN transports are implemented using the NetworkExtension provider architecture. You have two options:

In situations like this you probably want a packet tunnel provider, because app proxy providers are a form of pre-app VPN and thus limited to managed environments.

A good introduction to these technologies is WWDC 2015 Session 717 What’s New in Network Extension and VPN. The one important change since then is that, when NE providers were first introduced, they were gated by a special entitlement. That is no longer the case.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Replies

Custom VPN transports are implemented using the NetworkExtension provider architecture. You have two options:

In situations like this you probably want a packet tunnel provider, because app proxy providers are a form of pre-app VPN and thus limited to managed environments.

A good introduction to these technologies is WWDC 2015 Session 717 What’s New in Network Extension and VPN. The one important change since then is that, when NE providers were first introduced, they were gated by a special entitlement. That is no longer the case.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"