Apple CarPlay not working on ios 13.

Apple CarPlay not working on ios 13.2/iPhone 11 Pro Max. I tried everything but once I connect the phone to the car it only shows me “iPod”. My car has Apple CarPlay and just stopped working when I connected to the new iPhone. Can someone help?! Thanks!

• I just got the 13 pro last weekend, I’ve read that turning on and back off the EQ or making sure Siri is on, will work to make the Apple carplay work. However, I have had no luck with anything. If someone could please tell me a fix to getting CarPlay to work. I have Spotify for a reason and I got this damn 13 and I’d love a helpful answer.

• I have a 2016 Chevy Volt and up until now my iPhone 8 connected and worked. Buggy, but worked. Upgraded to the iPhone 13 and the only thing that works is playing sound/music. The "projection" gives me nothing and the apps will not show. I'm wondering if the software in the cars themselves will need a compatibility update from the manufacturer's end.

When you go into the phone's settings and find Carplay, it wants to connect wirelessly, but try as I might, it won't, which I don't think that feature works with older versions. In the car's Carplay functions all it wants to do is add or connect with a device, and though it shows mine is connected, and sound is working, the apps and projection is not.

So I'm wondering if that's the issue. I plan to go to a dealership and see if they have any firmware updates for the Carplay interface. Just wondering if anyone has tried something similar.

Add a Comment

Replies

Same, 2019 Traverse.

Carplay "Projection" is hit and miss whether or not my maps will appear but by far the MOST annoying part is when i hit the microphone button as though to give siri a command the "ding" happens and immeadiatly goes back to radio. It doesnt give me a change to talk. Ive restarted the car, reset the stereo, disconnected and reconnected, bought a new apple brand chord and to see if that would jumpstart something, prettymuch all but drive the car off a bridge and nothing.

Apple and GM need to pull their head out of their keister and help us out.

I’ll tell you this. I’m sick of Apple car play not working and I blame this on Apple. Let’s all come together for a class action lawsuit. This is some real ********. We spend over $1000 bucks on subpar technology. Over Apple!!!

We need to all join together and sue Apple. So sick of dealing with this crap.

Same! I am not very knowledgable about all of this but, it appears iOS 13.4 may fix our issue with Carplay. I too have tried everything, including replacing the infotainment screen in my 2019 Honda Civic.

I'm having the same issues with my 2017 Sorento. I've got four cables (two Apple cables and two Amazon) I try every morning. It's a real pain. I had an iphone 7, but I upgraded to an 11 in the hopes that maybe it could be the old phone. No such luck. The new phone does the exact same thing. the dealership can't find anything wrong with the enterntainment system on my car.

I Have a 2019 Honda Accord and a 2019 Mercedes SL. Carplay was working perfectly in both cars until a few bea beta released ago when Waze and some over the air music selections working play. The Waze app worked but I lost voice directions from it. It always worked perfectly in the Honda. The Accord in2019 has a different audio System than the Civics do. Anyway On my phone under Settings/CarPlay I removed the Mercedes. I then connected the cable in the Mercedes and slowed it to unlock the phone. It seems to work more. You guys may want to try removing the vehicle and then connect to it again. I know it's a low tech simplistic suggestion but it seems to have fixed my issue. I'll update if it fails again. ( Sorry for the comically ignorant wording. I blame my ipad floating keyboard swipe. I've Given up correcting because it's funnier just to leave it as is!)

Similar issue. Updated from a iPhone 8+ to an iPhone 11 and 13.3.1. I have an older Pioneer head unit DEH-X6600BT that had worked just fine with my 8+ with a wired USB connection. After I updated, it's hit or miss if the usb works or not. I get a CHECK USB error on the reciever. Bluetooth is working so I can make and receive phone calls and Siri also works. None of the music apps or Pandora will connect anymore. Sometimes if I turn the car off and on and reconnect the phone it sometimes works.. Mostly not.

I just got a used 2017 Kia Niro Touring and while carplay works, my iPhone is on the latest iOS 13+ but the updated carplay doesn't show. Apple said it's dependent on my phones software, but not sure now how to make it display the new carplay? Does anyone know of how I can fix this issue so my car displays the new carplay features?

I’m having the same issue in my new 2021 Chevy Trailblazer. I’m so disappointed, I can’t for the life of me figure out how to solve this issue. I drive for my job and heavily rely on Apple CarPlay to work. Bummer.
I had the same issue, after searching for a while turned out bacuase that Siri was turned off, once i enabled Siri Carplay worker right asay.
Car: Opel Corsa 2019
I have a 2020 BMW X3 and a Iphone 10 that is a 16-months old.
BMW initially offered a subscription service for CarPlay(reversing its previous offer of purchasing the program) and then resumed the purchase program, i.e. no subscription.
I have had numerous problems not only with accessing CarPlay(especially if my kids used the USB for their music) and the accessing issue seems to have been resolved.
Currently I am updated on my ios 13.6 and yet I continue to have problems including having no access to the internet while I am in the car and the apple carplay feature is on, being unable to use siri to access a destination while driving as the screen states that there is no internet connection, and being unable to access music if requested through "songs" and not by artist, for example. Also, if I attempt to move to the "next song" it starts buffering and if it does move to the next song it puts it in a "streaming" mode.
Yesterday, the Dealer told me that the car programming is fine, but that my iphone 10 is incompatible. What can one do?
If I trade in my 10 for an 11 will the phone still cause these issues?

I had to go into settings>iTunes>streaming. And turn ON streaming.
Also having issues with 2019 Honda Civic EX-L and iPhone SE v2. Phone audio quality through CarPlay degrades until the remote person cannot hear. Periodically the connection to the car drops and I get either a blank screen or a message saying to connect my iPhone.

FYI. It seems like some people are now having problems with CarPlay not working on iPhone 13 with iOS 15.

just got an iPhone 13 pro. CarPlay didn’t work, then booted up, now won’t work again? Can Citroen Disptach 2019 model. Tried everything. Connecting, deleting, reconnecting

never had an issue with android auto?