PDFKIT issue in zooming after adding ink annotation

Hi,

I'm using PDFKIT framework in objective - C , to work with pdf documents in my iPad app. After adding 3 or more "INK" type annotations to the pdf and on zooming, the app terminates, giving a message "terminated due to memory issue". Even though the document size is very less and no other type of annotation is added, the app terminates on zooming after ink annotation is added.

I have tried restricting the scale factor using maxscalefactor, But pdfview doesnot stop zooming once the maxscalefactor is reached. Pdfview keeps on zooming until pinch action is released and it is coming back to the maxscalefactor value ,once pinch is released. And the termination of app is occuring, while pinching itself (i.e. Before pdfview comes back to the max scale factor specified). So setting the max scale factor , auto scales or scale factor for size to fit is not helping.

Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

Hi,

I am also gettting the same issue. seems there is bug in PDFKit. have you filed any bug?

Pease let me know if you found anyting.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I am getting this same issue.

It seems apple still haven't fix the bug in PDFkit.

Please let me know if anyone found any workaround.

Thanks in advance.

I have also encoutered this problem. It seems fine when zooming without adding any annotation, but when there are some annotations, the memory will peak to 2GB and the app will crush.

How are you initiating your ink annotations? More specifically, what bounds do you assign to them?

I had the same problem when I initially initiated each ink annotation with the bounds of the PDF page (which I at the time thought was the correct approach), only to later discover that initiating each annotation with the bounds of the bezier path that represents the drawing fixed the memory issue.