Inconvenient In The SwiftSupport Folder

Good night, when trying to upload my app with apple connect and with xcode 11.3.1 and after the initial review apple throws me this message: Invalid Swift Support - The SwiftSupport folder is empty. Rebuild your app using the current public (GM) version of Xcode and resubmit it.

We are not using a beta version, please has anyone had this same problem? thanks

Replies

Which version are you using, precisely ?

The version is 11C504, please how can you help me.

Due to a bug in Xcode, an empty Frameworks and SwiftSupport folder might be emitted when performing the Archive operation. Itunes Connect will then reject the build. Removing the empty Frameworks folder and SwiftSupport folder after archiving will cause the build the be accepted by Itunes Connect.

If your Frameworks folder is not empty, you might try the shell script below, which will copy certain items into the folders.

Go to Organizer -> Archives -> Right Click -> Show In Finder -> Right Click -> Show Package Contents -> Navigate to Product, Applications, Your App.app -> Right Click -> Show Package Contents

Now check if the Frameworks folder is empty. If it it, delete it and delete the SwiftSupport library which is higher up in the folder tree, directly inside the xcarchive folder.

Now in Organizer, click Distribute app. This time the build should be accepted.

If your Frameworks folder was not empty, then try the following shell script (please check the path variables before running):

Code Block
XCARCHIVE_PATH="/Users/<user>/Library/Developer/Xcode/Archives/<Put .xcarchive path here>"
APP="/Users/<user>/Library/Developer/Xcode/Archives/<Put path to .app inside .xcarchive here"
DEVELOPER_DIR=`xcode-select --print-path`
if [ ! -d "${DEVELOPER_DIR}" ]; then
echo "No developer directory found!"
exit 1
fi
echo "+ Adding SWIFT support (if necessary)"
if [ -d "${APP}/Frameworks" ];
then
mkdir -p "${TEMP_IPA_BUILT}/SwiftSupport"
for SWIFT_LIB in $(ls -1 "${APP}/Frameworks/"); do
echo "Copying ${SWIFT_LIB}"
cp "${DEVELOPER_DIR}/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/swift/iphoneos/${SWIFT_LIB}" "${XCARCHIVE_PATH}/SwiftSupport"
done
fi

• Please remove "!" from the first echo, otherwise it won't work

Add a Comment
This issue is most often due to remaining on the legacy build system (though there are other causes due to misconfigured frameworks as well), so changing the build system should be the first thing you do to resolve this. As stated in the Xcode 12 release notes, the legacy build system will go away in the future, so it's generally a good idea to make this move now. See Choose the build system for how to change build systems, and then rebuild the app.

The new build system causes issues for me so I want to use the old build system until it fixed but the archive is created with an empty SwiftSupport folder and the app is rejected later