Sign in with Apple website popup error: No AppPlatform or Primary app for the web application

I'm getting an error in the popup after clicking the Sign In with Apple button. I just setup my App ID and two ServiceID's. One for my dev site and one for my live site. I also Verified both my Service ID's Sign In feature. I'm not aware of anything else I need to do as far as setup.

The popup opens and I see:

invalid_request

No AppPlatform or Primary app for the web application

The url of the popup is:

https://appleid.apple.com/auth/authorize?client_id=com%2Eperfectcamp%2Edev&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fdev%2Eperfectcamp%2Ecom&response_type=code+id_token&scope=name+email&response_mode=form_post&state=6BDF85F2E86B4717A5400542D93sdfA0

I am using my dev site service identifier as the client_id and a random number for the state.

Any ideas what I need to do to fix this? Sounds like some kind of setup issue. Thanks!

Replies

I have the same problem, but I can work with another app ID in the same account.

I'm getting closer to finding the solution.

I just tested the url in Safari iOS it works just fine! But it doesn't seem to work on the desktop with Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc.

Well just got a reply from Support. According to Paris they say I need a native app approved in the app store in order to get it to work on my website!! What if we don't have a native app nor plan on creating one? I just spent $99 on a developer account just to get this feature working and now they say I also need a native app?? Wow I was mislead. I thought Apple is providing a service to Sign in with Apple just like Sign in with Facebook and Sign in with Google. Facebook and Google don't require websites to create native apps in order for the feature to work?

Can anyone confirm this is true?

=================================

Developer Care Support

"I've confirmed the error appears on Firefox; although the Safari authentication actually fails as well (but doesn't display an error). Regarding the invalid_request error, it appears as though the App ID you mentioned is not live on the App Store. A prerequisite for Sign in with Apple on web is to have a linked app in the App Store.

Once you've submitted and published your native app, the web authentication flow should succeed.

For additional information about this requirement, please see the "Testing and Verifying" section of Sign in with Apple: Getting Started—

<https://developer.apple.com/sign-in-with-apple/get-started/>

Thanks again,

Paris

===================================

I do not have an app in the app store as I'm just trying out Apple Sign using Flask and App Engine with code that previously worked well with Google OAuth2. It works on Safari but not in Chrome. In Safari my access token is returned. In Chrome

invalid_request

I'm having the same issue, identifiers (app and service IDs) and keys are configured properly, and I even created an app (unpublished) in the App Store Connect, but nothing works, the same invalid_request message is displayed: "No AppPlatform or Primary app for the web application".

Some weeks ago we created identifiers and keys (without app in App Store) and everything worked as expected. It seems that Apple changed or broke something.

I also ran into this issue, seems like Apple changed something around creating the App ID. Using a App ID that was created previously works fine, using a newly created App ID returns the "No AppPlatform or Primary app for the web application" error.

I have the same issue, everything is working that was created some weekes ago, but newly configured services to login with apple return the same error "No AppPlatform or Primary app for the web application"when trying to login.

Hi everyone,

I'm facing the same problem as all of you. I'm trying to integrate Apple Sign In on my website and I get the error :

invalid_request

I just enrolled the Apple Developer Program for this feature and that's the first time I'm having problem integrating a social network...

Like almost all of you, I have done :

- Created an App ID with Apple Sign In ticked (Enable as a primary App ID)

- Created a Service ID with Apple Sign In enabled, selected my App ID (as Primary), set a domain and a callback URI.

- Generated a key then a Secret key (via Ruby and also PHP)

- I'm generating the authorize URL with these args :

response_type=code

response_mode=form_post

client_id=#MY_SERVICE_ID#

client_secret=#MY_CLIENT_SECRET#

state=3x5a725a-f3cx-4163-1ac5-f194c7e75a18

scope=name+email

redirect_uri=#MY_CALLBACK_URI#

I'm still getting the error "No AppPlatform or Primary app for the web application". I tried to create a second App, Service and key but still facing the same problem....

Did you all still have the problem ? If no, how did you fix it ?

edit : I don't have an App in the App Store Connect. I've seen that some says they don't have one too but it was working before.

Thank you.

Looks like this has been fixed by Apple. Just ran through a test creating everything from scratch and now it's working.

I also confirmed that the problem was solved!

I did not change the App ID or Service ID settings.

Behzadabdi96@hotmail.com

Behzadabdi96@hotmail.com

Hello,
we are experiencing the same problem described in this post.
We are adding apple login to an existent app. When we try to enable a new Service ID (for web) we see an error "This request is forbidden for security reasons. The bundle is not a primary App." but of course it is!
We've tried to contact Apple support but, at the moment, they simple forwarded the request from one department to another without any solution.
Is someone else going on or do you know how to fix it?
Thanks
I talked to Apple support and was able to solve this by going to my app's identifier, removing the server to server notification url from the app's apple sign in configuration, save the identifier, and THEN go create/configure the service identifier, and THEN go back and re-add the server to server url to the app identifier.