New Build Not Showing up in Testflight App

I have released a new build on Testflight and have received the email to start testing.

However, when I open the testflight app on the phone, the new version is not listed.

So I tried uploading another build with a new version number, yet the outcome was the same.

I have tried this same procedure with another tester and they are seeing the same thing on their phone. They get the email to start testing, but the new version is not listed in the testflight app.

What could be the reason for this?

I am using xCode 9.4

• The same problem. After AppCenter distribution to the TestFlight there is no any new build there

• Have a user with the same issue. User says his icloud storage is full. Sounds like this might my culprit if this helps you.

• What worked for me was completely removing the user from the app and then adding them again. I did this by deleting the group they were in and selecting "remove completely from app". This will remove them from any other group that they were added to. After that I created a new group and added them in as new tester.

Add a Comment

Replies

I bumped the build number, Added the "App Uses Non-Exempt Encryption", and uploaded it again. It immediately pushed out! Weird.

I have the same Issue, I uploaded from XCode Version 11.3.1 the build properly without any observation and on AppStore Connect shows ready for sale, but when I tried to install from Testflight it show earlier versions

I already have 3 build uploaded since monday but it still not appearing on my testflight

I could fix the problem by adding this key "App Uses Non-Exempt Encryption" in Info.plist

For those who don't know how to modify this file, go to: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/security/complying_with_encryption_export_regulations

Thanks to:

LPDevOps

trayle

I have also fixed this issue with new release and setting "App Uses Non-Exempt Encryption" set to false. Since we are using Expo we have added in app.json "usesNonExemptEncryption" with value false.

"ios": {

"bundleIdentifier": "*****t",

"supportsTablet": true,

"config": {

"usesNonExemptEncryption": false

}

When this started happening to me in December 2019, I eventually found the latest build in 'Previous Builds'. The testers did not receive emails advising of the updates. So it took a while before I realised that the app was not working 'correctly' because they did not have the latest build installed.

Previously TestFlight worked well.

I tried to contact Apple Support but after initially talking about TestFlight in the browser rather than the app and stating incorrect facts about which versions were available for testing, they then asked 20 questions so I gave up.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of ghr Down vote reply of ghr

I discovered that if a user is listed as an App Store Connect user, they will be able to update their app in Testflight after the uploaded version has processed; if a user is only listed as a beta tester, they will only be able to see the uploaded version when the new version has been approved.

If happens, just bump up your version. That works to me.
Hey guys, I have the same issue now. Is this known by apple?
Same here. Issue in Apple's end? We had no issues with this yesterday.
Same problem.
For me, the following worked:

In my Info.plist, I added a new row (Boolean type) with the following key / value:

App Uses Non-Exempt Encryption / NO

I tried to add new key App Uses Non-Exempt Encryption / NO into plist file and not worked.
same problem........
  • Please check your email. Apple sent details for the failure reason.

Add a Comment

Please check your email. Apple sent details for the failure reason.