Issues Uploading to TestFlight

Hi, I'm currently an intern handling the apps developed by researchers for a University. Recently, one of the developers has sent me a .ipa file (Which was built and signed using CodeNameOne) to submit for TestFlight. First, I attempted to submit the build to the App Store in hopes I could then select that build on the TestFlight tab, but was given an Invalid Binary error message with the following error messages:

ITMS-90725: SDK Version Issue - This app was built with the iOS 11.4 SDK. All iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 11 SDK or later, included in Xcode 9 or later. Further, starting March 2019, all iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 12.1 SDK or later, included in Xcode 10.1 or later.

ITMS-90339: This bundle is invalid - The Info.plist contains an invalid key 'UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend' in bundle OSU RadApp [OSU RadApp.app]

I also attempted to upload the build via the MAC console using "xcrun altool --upload-app ..." but was given an error that the signature was not valid, this is due to the fact that I had to go into the .plist file and change the version build to a float greater than what was previously uploaded on our account.
So, my question is: How do I resign/upload the .ipa or .app file to meet the specifications required to submit the build to TestFlight.
This is a time sensitive issue, so any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Replies

The message tells you what's required: "This app was built with the iOS 11.4 SDK. ... [A]ll iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 12.1 SDK or later, included in Xcode 10.1 or later."

Does anyone knows what to do in regards to "ITMS-90339: This bundle is invalid - The Info.plist contains an invalid key 'UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend' in bundle OSU RadApp [OSU RadApp.app]" this problem?

Im having the same issue

I haven't personally encountered the issue, but the key was deprecated and according to google, you need to just remove the key. If you're editing the plist in Xcode (as opposed to a text editor), the name is apparently shown as "Application does not run in background"

Dear Paul,

We have uploaded beta test app to AppStoreConnect but we couldn't see it in TestFlight to Test our app. Eventhough we tried twice but no luck.

Note: We could see the app successful status in AppStoreConnect but not in testflight. It still shows older one.

Please advices us.

Regards,

Suresh

I have the same issue.