iPadOS 13 app icon not displayed

I'm building an app with Xcode 11 beta 4 to an iPad with iPadOS beta 4 installed on it; our xcassets' icon file has icons for all resolutions, and I have had no issues with this icon on iOS <13 devices.

However, when I delete & rerun the app via Xcode, the app icon does not show and is replaced by the default app icon. Upon tapping the app, the icon flashes as the startup animation is run, and upon restarting the device the icon is properly displayed. Anyone else experiencing this/any tips?

Replies

Our team has also experienced this issue. We aren't building a new app; our existing app does this when building with XCode 11 beta 5.

1) Install app on device (through XCode)

2) Uninstall app

3) Install app again (through XCode or 3rd party tool such as TestFairy)

4) Default app icon will be displayed instead of custom app icon.

I have this exact same problem. Thanks for the tip of restarting. No tips from me I'm afraid.

I have the same problem, the icon will be ok after restart the iPad

Same probleme after installing XCode 11 beta 7. I have an app I started to develop with XCode 10, but now when I switched to XCode 11 beta 7, the AppIcon is not loaded anymore.... any solution ?

Did any of you managed to find the solution for this issue?

I am having same issiue. In IOS 13 i guess.. i didn't tried with others. My application icon is working normal. However my app icon is not displaying when showing opened apps screen. It shows default application icon. In device desktop it is displays the icon every time however does not displays after pressing home and showing opened apps.

I restarted my device, after that it fixed. Now it shows my application icon both in desktop and also opened apps..

Note: Tested with IOS 13.2 on Iphone X

I've also been seeing this. Does anyone know if it causes Apple Requirement issues?

Same here. All assets in place, only generic icon appears, whether on Simulator or real device. iOS 13, XCoce 11.3.1, iPhone 6 +, MBP w/ Catalina.

I've quit XCode, restarted the device, no difference.

All help appreciated.

I just did this in XCode:

Go to the General pane of Targets -> App Icons and Launch Images -> App icons source. Click it. A popup will appear, offering to migrate your icons to a new asset catalog. Do it. Then, select this catalog as the source and run on the device. Generic icons appear. Switch back to original catalog and voila! Correct icons appear.

Let me know if it works for you!

@rattletrap99 thank you. this helped me. running Xcode 11.5 on iOS 13.5.1 on an XR

I am having this issue on iPad pro iOS 15. I have rebuild the icon assets catalog and still the same issue. Works fine on iPhone though.

This is driving me absolutely nuts. I have rebuild the icon assets a gazillion times. All works fine on the iPhone, iPad refuses to show the icons. Guh!