dyld: Library not loaded

So yesterday I installed iOS 13.3.1 on my iPhone XR and macOS 10.15.3 on my iMac.

Then, I've been getting this error in Xcode using any project that has CocoaPods Frameworks in it :

dyld: Library not loaded: [...] Reason: no suitable image found.

- It launches fine in the iPhone 11 simulator

- It launches fine on my gf's iPhone XR which still has iOS 13.3

- Tried different pods (SwiftSoup and GRDB.swift)

- Tried reinstalling CocoaPods

- Tried updating CocoaPods to latest stable and latest beta versions

- Tried different projects

- Tried cleaning the build folder

- Tried deleting/reinstalling apps

- Tried deleting the derived data

- Was already using the latest Xcode 11.3.1 since a few weeks

is there anything I did not do? Does it happen to anybody else?

• Many of the answers here pertain to Cocoapods. If you're using Carthage and seeing this issue, ensure that you're setting any frameworks in your project to "Embed & Sign" in the Project Settings -> <Target name, in Targets section> -> Frameworks, Libraries, and Embedded Content section.

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

Hi,

I solved this problem commenting use_frameworks! in my Podfile :

https://github.com/Alamofire/Alamofire/issues/3051#issuecomment-580003683

Hope it will works for you !

Valrani

Replies

I'm having the exact same issue with the same phone and OS. Can't find anything that will fix it

i solve the same problem today with add ",

:modular_headers => true
" without "" after each pod , then close Xcode and update pod.

Hi,

I solved this problem commenting use_frameworks! in my Podfile :

https://github.com/Alamofire/Alamofire/issues/3051#issuecomment-580003683

Hope it will works for you !

Valrani

This did not work on my setup, however @Valrani put the finger on a solution that also works for me!

Thanks everyone

Having the same issue since updating to iOS 13.3.1 today was working fine before

As an unpaid developer user, I was not able to make any of the workarrounds be successful. Apple seems to be preventing unpaid developers to use frameworks in their applications with IOS 13.3.1.

In my case I am using SQLite.swift framework from GitHub which stopped working with IOS 13.3.1

I hope Apple gives an answer to this thread.

looks like iOS 13.3.1 bug related to embedded frameworks and free developer account. I suggest that everyone files a radar to Apple.

Unfortuantely commenting out 'use_frameworks!' or/and adding 'use_modular_headings!' does not work for me.

It fixes the errors while creating other errors.

The only temperary fix that I have found is rolling back to 13.3 and this has its own complications.

This has been extremely frustrating, and not that I would mind paying for the developer program but for my project and purposes I am not allowed to pay for anything.

Same for me. Firebase is not working without "use_frameworks!". Only way is use simulator or roll back to 13.3.

I have found another fix, because one of my Objective-C frameworks wouldn't work well with Swift without being called as a framework.

After your pod, add the modular_headers argument like this :

# Comment the next line if you don't want to use dynamic frameworks
  # use_frameworks!

# Pods for SmartInvest
  pod 'GRDB.swift',:modular_headers => true

On another note, I wanted to try on Xcode 11.4 Beta 1 or 2, because they fixed so many things, but there's a compiler bug that prevents basic SwiftUI Binding variables from being compiled. I hate to say this, but it really shows Apple has an issue with software quality since 4-5 years. The Xcode 11.4 Beta cycle is useless as of now.

I've had the same problem with the flutter. https://github.com/flutter/flutter/issues/49504

I have the same issue, spent my entire day solving it, but there is no solution as I see. If sb. find sg. please comment below. Thanks.

This solved my issue thanks!!

FYI this is fixed in 13.4 release

I'm having the same issue and I have a paid enterprise developer account. But I'm running on a build server where I am logged in with a different (domain) account. I wonder if that has something to do with it.