Developer Access to UWB

Hi Everyone,

Do any of you know if the Ultra WideBand chipset (U1) will become available to developers in the near future? I'd be curious to see what type access may be granted and explore a sandbox is available. Any insight or information is much appreciated.

Thank you

Replies

You'll have to wait for an official announcement from Apple, if it has to come.

Any other "information" will only be a guess.

I'm also interested in accessing the UWB functionality. Does anyone have any updates?

I am also interested.

is it possible to use UWB for developers?

Thanks

Are there any update regarding this topic?

Are there any kind of update? I'm still interested to find a way to integrate UWB with Decawave.
Nearby Interaction is coming in iOS 14 https://developer.apple.com/documentation/nearbyinteraction
the company INTRANAV release a starter Kit that is possible to utilize the UWB functionality of the iphone ... e.g. Geo-Fences and indoor tracking for industrial use-cases and smart home ... i chatted with a guy they said they support NXP and Decawave UWB Channel 5 and Channel 9

intranav.com/en/iot-rtls-suite/rtls-uwb-tracking-system/
I really hope there is developer access to UWB soon as there is much we'd love to explore with it. Any news?
  • Is there any news on the UWB developer access??? We could put it to really good use.

Add a Comment

With iOS15 Apple has released Nearby Interaction API that allows iOS devices with U1 chip to connect and range with other non-Apple UWB-enabled devices that are interoperable with U1 chip.

Under this link: https://developer.apple.com/nearby-interaction/ you can see in the FAQ section recommended UWB chip manufacturers.

There are many companies offering Dev Kits where these chips were integrated, so you can build iOS app that can do inch-level precise ranging and obtain angle orientation to these 3rd party devices, e.g. beacons.

Just google "UWB beacons" or "UWB Dev Kit" to get some; they typically come with SDK where sample code is provided, so it shouldn't take long to build spatially aware mobile apps.