WatchOS 6.1 Beta Battery Life

Hello

I have the 44mm series 5 apple watch. Beta 1 and 2 seemed to fix the battery drain issue for me when using the always on screen.

However since the last few beta's it seems to be back draining the battery in under 12 hours.

Anyone else seeing similar issues the last couple of betas?

Replies

The new Watch OS 6.1.1 beta kills my watch battery in 4 hours. 3pm-100%, 4pm-92%, 5pm-88%, 6pm 83%, 6:50 pm - Red lightning bolt. That was after unpairing, pairing and setting up as a new watch - on 6.1.1 beta.

UPDATE: 24 hours later, it was great battery life again. iMore had an article advising us to be patient after a new update to our watches. Apparently it was doing a lot of setup activity in the background. I will cancel the Radar.

UPDATE: I have been on WatchOS 6.1.2 beta 2 for a few days, and the problem is back with a vengeance. There is a recent 4-page thread on the general Apple Forums, where I posted this:

Stays at 100% all day, the goes to the red lightning bolt without warning. The past day or two, it is dying after a few minutes off the charger, while on vacation. Bummer. Have now done multiple hard resets and unpair/repair. Deleted all non-Apple apps. Turned off Noise, reduced motion. Yet to do: Leaving off for Hour(s)/Days and Freezer.

I am on WatchOS 6.1.2 beta 2. Certainly sounds like a software issue, which could/should be fixed.

Same, 100% until it dies. Worse in the latest beta. It lasts 18-22 hours but I have no idea if it needs to be charged anymore, and I have no idea if it is even charging when it indicates 100%. Seems worse when always on display, and more accurate when off (sometimes it will show draining when off). Glad to hear it’s not just me with bad hardware. Or everyone’s hardware is bad.