Xcode 11.3: can't select deployment target 13.3

Today I updated Xcode to version 11.3 to build my app for iOS 13.3. I opened my project but couldn't find the iOS deployment target 13.3 when opening the project file. Neither dropdowns in the "Project" or "Target section" show it (options are between iOS 8.0 - iOS 13.2).

I updated macOS to the latest version, restarted, re-installed Xcode (deleted from Applications folder, installed through App Store), restarted again - still no value for build iOS 13.3?

When I manually change the version string in the project file, I obviously run into build issues:
"The iOS deployment target 'IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET' is set to 13.3, but the range of supported deployment target versions is 8.0 to 13.2.99."

Details:

- Xcode 11.3 (11C29)

- macOS Catalina 10.15.2

Replies

Sadly, this didn't work for me.

I don't understand why we have to wait nearly a month for Apple to issue an emergency fix for Xcode such that the latest release of Xcode will build for the latest iOS and iPadOS, nor do I understand how Xcode version 11.3 passed testing and got released, given that it doesn't build for iOS 13.3. I would have thought Apple has the highest quality standards in testing its products. Until this is put right, I have no option but switch auto-update to OFF and manually manage all Apple upgrades.

I reported the missing 13.3 SDK to Apple on 15 December. On 18 December I got a reply: "We are aware of this issue [missing 13.3 SDK] and working on it." App Store update for Xcode 11.3.1 was released on 13 January but 13.3 SDK still missing. On developer.apple.com there is a full release dated 20 December for 11.3.1 but SDK 13.3 is also missing.

If Apple are "aware of this issue" it seems they are not really working on it.

Xcode 11.3.1 from the mac app store supports the release version of iOS 13.3.

At least in terms of being able to build to it.

I worded that poorly.

I was able to build and run on my iOS 13.3 iPhone.

Hi All

Reinstalled again the latest version of xCode ( Version 11.3.1 (11C504) ) and same issue ... 13.3 is not in the list of targets .... what is happening with xCode Apple managers ? Please solve it now !!!

I'm at work and just checked my home system and I see that limit too.

That just means you can't create an app that can't be installed on anything less than iOS 13.3 though.

If you need that it is of course a problem, but it does support running and debugging on iOS 13.3 devices.

I am able to select and run my app on an iOS 13.3 simulator as well.

I did what @bigbubble suggested and it worked for me. I am currently restricted to using Xcode 10.3 due to limitations outside of my control in the enterprise. My iPad automatically updated to iOS 13.3 so I needed iOS 13.3 support in Xcode 10.3. So I copied /Applications/Xcode11.3.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/DeviceSupport/13.2 to /Applications/Xcode10.3.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/DeviceSupport/13.3 and all worked well.

Hi Team,

In Xcode 11.3.1 also not have target version 13.3, but it will Minimum target version.

Which measn deployment target your application is compatible for your selected version and above devices.

So Simulator also iOS 13.3 available.If you more debug or run the code means we able to take the Development build and run the build to iOS 13.3 devices.

It is only for my suggesstion..but other that iOS related issue kindly highlighted.

Thank you,

Jegatheeshwaran Rengasamy,

iOS Developer

I really need to be able to build to 13.3 as well. I'm certain that the documented bug that's been affecting NavigationLinks since XCode 11.3 could be resolved if we could build to 13.3. The bug isn't present when I deploy to my iPhone running 13.3, but is present when I deploy to simulator and preview with 13.2.

Not worked for me.

If you are on Catalina download Xcode Beta11.4, it supports 13.3.1

If you are on Mojave you will not be able to install Xcode Beta11.4 but there's still a way.

You can extract the DeviceSupport + SDK files from Beta11.4 copy them in Xcode 11.3

Do not forget the SDK files, without it it didn't work for me.

Happy coding,

-M