App Review - 4.2 guideline

I created the App for our small craft beer bar and for more than a week I have been trying to upload it in AppStore. But every time I get the same rejection without any additional comments: "Guideline 4.2 - Design - Minimum Functionality. We continue to find that the usefulness of your app is limited by the minimal amount of content or features it includes."

A similar App for Android has been created 2 years ago and all our visitors are happy to use it. The App allows to see what beers on our taps and what beer in bottles we have (more than 400 kind of beer) with advanced searching engine. Also the App shows the news of our bar. All information is taken from our server. The App description (for the Review) contains a link to video clip which shows all the features of the App. App is FREE, it has market and age restriction.

Sorry for Russian language in the App (it's because all our visitors are russians)

Questions are:

1. Why is this app not meeting appstore requirements?

2. What else we should do with the App to put it in AppStore?

Here is the video (MP4, 18Mb): https://hophutbar.ru/apple/hophut.mp4

Animated GIF (7Mb): https://hophutbar.ru/apple/hophut_app.gif

Replies

Still nothing...

It looks like Review team kidding me...

Last time they said that they can't run the App (they could run it at previous rejections), now they said that they can't view video demonstration which was made as Screen Recording on IPhone without any post-editing... They said that App doesn't have "Search" features - but it does! Search features shown in the video demo. I paid $100 per year for App hosting at AppStore but can't do this without any adequate reasons.

What's going on???

They're basically saying your app doesn't do anything that can't be done with a web page. It doesn't have any features that take advantage of the Apple platform.

Any App which does not use physical sensors (GPS, bluetooth and etc) can be replaced as Web page/site. Moreover, Web platforms such as Booking, Youtube, Amazon and etc have MORE features than their Apps. So we need to remove 90% of AppStore in that case!

"Any App which does not...."

also camera, and, perhaps more importantly, the idea that the device is always in close proximity to the user. In your case, why not have the app be useful while at the bar to guide the ordering process?

"In your case, why not have the app be useful while at the bar to guide the ordering process? "

This is main goal of the App! The visitor finds what he wants (using App features) and tells the bartender! We don't have waiters, we don't sell online. All we want to do is to offer nice and clean solution for our visitors to choose beer (in the bar or at home before visiting the bar) and do not distract the bartender with additional questions and wasting his and other visitors time. We did it for Android users and they are happy with our App. But for some reason we cannot offer the same for iPhone users. This is very sad...

Finally approved. Thanks