how to compile/build mac catalyst lib using clang -arch

Following error message comes up when I try to create archive for macosx(mac catalyst),

I'm using mac 10.15 and xcode 11 beta 7

ld: in libname.a(test.o), building for Mac Catalyst, but linking in object file built for iOS Simulator, for architecture x86_64

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

I have built lib using clang -arch for amd64, arm64, x86, but for mac catalyst, since it's not really a new arch, I don't know

what argument I should give to clang -arch

Replies

+1

I get:

... Building for Mac Catalyst, but the linked library 'libcrypto.a' was built for macOS + iOS + iOS Simulator. You may need to restrict the platforms for which this library should be linked in the target editor, or replace it with an XCFramework that supports both platforms.

As mentioned in the error, I _did_ build for macOS and iOS.

----

Edit:

Looks like a new target has been introduced for Mac CATALIST:

CFLAG -target x86_64-apple-ios13.0-macabi.

+1

ios libcurl compile script:

function build_for_arch() {
  ARCH=$1
  HOST=$2
  SYSROOT=$3
  PREFIX=$4
  IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET="8.0"
  export PATH="${DEVROOT}/usr/bin/:${PATH}"
  export CFLAGS="-arch ${ARCH} -pipe -Os -gdwarf-2 -isysroot ${SYSROOT} -miphoneos-version-min=${IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET} -fembed-bitcode -Werror=partial-availability"
  export LDFLAGS="-arch ${ARCH} -isysroot ${SYSROOT}"
  ./configure --disable-shared --enable-ipv6 --enable-static ${SSL_FLAG} --enable-threaded-resolver --host="${HOST}" --prefix=${PREFIX} && make -j8 && make install
}

if [ "$1" == "openssl" ]
then
  if [ ! -d ${HOME}/Desktop/openssl-ios-dist ]
  then
    echo "Please use https://github.com/sinofool/build-openssl-ios/ to build OpenSSL for iOS first"
    exit 8
  fi
  export SSL_FLAG=--with-ssl=${HOME}/Desktop/openssl-ios-dist
else
  check_curl_ver
  export SSL_FLAG=--with-darwinssl
fi

#TMP_DIR=/tmp/build_libcurl_$$
TMP_DIR=/Users/iqiyi/Desktop/code/curl/build

build_for_arch arm64 arm-apple-darwin /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS.sdk ${TMP_DIR}/arm64 || exit 1
build_for_arch armv7 armv7-apple-darwin /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS.sdk ${TMP_DIR}/armv7 || exit 3
build_for_arch x86_64 x86_64-apple-darwin /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator.sdk ${TMP_DIR}/x86_64 || exit 4

mac calalyst app link error:

error: Building for Mac Catalyst, but the linked library 'libcurl_ios_arm_x86.a' was built for iOS + iOS Simulator.

I donot know how to cross-compile the lib to support mac catalyst!!!

Anyone can help me?

Did you find this out?

I get the same error, but only when BuddyBuild tries to compile it. As far as I know, BuddyBuild uses the same schemes that I've checked into the project, and my schemes are not trying to build for Catalyst.

target for mac catalyst: x86_64-apple-ios-macabi

Code Block bash
clang -target x86_64-apple-ios-macabi \
-arch arm64 -arch x86_64 \
-isysroot `xcrun --sdk macosx --show-sdk-path` \
-miphoneos-version-min=13.0 \
-fembed-bitcode \
main.c