Guideline 4.3 about container app

Here is what we got.

Our Apple Developer Program account has 21 games in sale. Last year we wanted to update one of them and we got a rejection of 4.3-Design. The Review Team suggested us to combine our apps into a single "container" app.

Then we spent about three months to develop a brand new version which three of our apps were included in one. But when we submitted this version, we still got a rejection of 4.3-Design. Now we are so confused about how to solve this issue. Should we combine all 21 games into one? Or should we remove all other 20 games from sale to make this one's update approved?

We are planning to keep just one of our apps in sale and remove all the others. The review team just do the copy and paste work and they didn't answer any of our questions. Could anybody tell us how can we update our app?

Replies

You could try to include this information in notes to app review:

"Once this update is approved, we are planning on removing all the others."

I'd be surprised if Apple approved something like that. It would be too difficult for them to follow up and make sure the other apps were deleted as promised.

Chuck is right - the dev is obligated to react to Apple in this example, not the other way around. I'd not expect Apple to take my word for what I might promise to do later. I would take the others off sale first, then make/submit one 'container' mega-app and cross my fingers.