App Rejected -Guideline 2.1 - Performance - App Completeness

Hello,

Apple rejected my app due to below resune.

Guideline 2.1 - Performance - App Completeness

We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPhone and iPad running iOS 12.3.1 on Wi-Fi.

Specifically, we were not able to log in due to an error.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please run your app on a device to identify any issues, then revise and resubmit your app for review.

If we misunderstood the intended behavior of your app, please reply to this message in Resolution Center to provide information on how these features were intended to work.

For new apps, uninstall all previous versions of your app from a device, then install and follow the steps to reproduce the issue. For updates, install the new version as an update to the previous version, then follow the steps to reproduce the issue.

Resources

For information about testing your app and preparing it for review, please see Technical Note TN2431: App Testing Guide.

For a networking overview, please review About Networking.

My live app ( version 1.4.1) is login with same credentials and test flight app (version 1.4.2) is also login with same credentials. So what is the issue with login from your end I can't understand. Can you please help me with that. I tried with iOS 12.3.1 with Wi-Fi.

Replies

Same issue here but only with ipad. It works perfectly on simulator on my xcode though, so I am a bit confused. Did you manage to solve it?

Have you found a solution yet my app has been rejected number of times i have no clue what the issue is? I have checked my domain for ipv6 everything seems to be working fine.

same here.

I don't know know what to do.

I had the same problem. Resolved it by changing http to https on web server.

It seems that there was an issue with unsecured connection on review.

• Tell me how to switch from http to https where in detail please because the url I am using is https and secured but still they are saying it is not working on real iPad working fine on iPhone real and simulator and iPad simulator please help.

Add a Comment

Anyone found that solution? I'm have the same problem , i have no idea what to do ..

Do you use https and not http ?

I have the same problem, how you did resolved it

We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPhone and iPad running iOS 13.5.1 on Wi-Fi.

I have the same problem....
I also have the same problem:

"Hello,

Thank you for your resubmission.

However, we continue to find that the previously communicated issue persist.

We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPhone running iOS 13.5.1 on Wi-Fi.

Specifically, the “Login”icon was still unresponsive at time of review."

I tested on iPhone 6, 6s Plus, 8, 11 and an iPad, no replication. I can give a screenshot or video for all if necessary but have no idea how to solve an issue we can't find or replicate we honestly believe it's not there at this point.
Same here... I have checked on my device and simulator. It works fine no issue when sign in.

We still discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPad running iOS 13.7 on Wi-Fi.

Specifically, no action took place when we tried to Sign in with Apple.
Hello, I have similar issue, but I can't reproduce the error in iPad...

We still continue to find one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPad running iOS 14.0 on Wi-Fi.

Specifically, an error occurred while signing in with Facebook.

Anyone has a solution for this?
Thanks!

We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPhone and iPad running iOS 14.0.1 on Wi-Fi.
  • An error message still displayed upon login.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please run your app on a device to identify any issues, then revise and resubmit your app for review.

If we misunderstood the intended behavior of your app, please reply to this message in Resolution Center to provide information on how these features were intended to work.

For new apps, uninstall all previous versions of your app from a device, then install and follow the steps to reproduce the issue. For updates, install the new version as an update to the previous version, then follow the steps to reproduce the issue.

Resources

For information about testing your app and preparing it for review, please see Technical Note TN2431: App Testing Guide.

For a networking overview, please review About Networking.

Even though testing on all devices and simulator I am able to login but I cannot understand why App review team is getting URLsessiontask failed error with time out or network connection was lost
Hi (Solution)

I have faced this issue too.
My application at the beginning checks some data through the internet so that for a little while it shows a loader at the screen. I have tested it many times before sending it to review and it was working on everywhere.
But when apple guys starts testing on their iPad simulators they sent me a picture that my app was staying at the data checking screen and not launching.

So guess what I did to them. I have prepared an internet checker against connection lose, and started to show some information on the screen like "Check your connection".

Because I know on their iPad simulators internet connection is a problem.

I have overcome this issue after getting rejection for 3 times.

Try it guys, it will gonna work.

• Guideline 2.1 - Performance - App Completeness

We discovered one or more bugs in your app. Specifically, after entering the demo credentials provided, the app displayed the loading icon and then displayed the login screen without displaying error message. Please review the details below and complete the next steps.

Review device details:

Device type: iPadOS version: iOS 14.6

Next Steps

Please run your app on a device to reproduce the issues, then revise and submit your app for review. If at first you're unable to reproduce the issue, try the following:

For new apps, uninstall all previous versions of your app from a device, then install and follow the steps to reproduce.For app updates, install the new version as an update to the previous version, then follow the steps to reproduce.

Resources

For information about testing apps and preparing them for review, see Technical Note TN2431: App Testing Guide.To learn about troubleshooting networking issues, see About Networking.
  • I have the same problem how did you solve it @xmastree

Add a Comment

Hi everyone please please please i request I am getting the same login issue they say app loads indefinitely never stops they are not able to login in iPad 16.6 I have tested it on simulator both iPhone and iPad and real iPhone device too still they are rejecting it for this reason it's been 15 days or long and not a single approval please help.

I am using Firebase to sign in the user via sign in with Apple and handle the authentication for me, so this might not be relevant to everyone facing this issue, but maybe my experience helps you identify your problem as well

I was facing the same error. I could reliably sign in every time on my devices and simulators with my Apple ID, but the reviewers kept rejecting my app for this reason. I added an alert if the user's internet connection wasn't strong enough, but still no luck.

When I looked at my signed in users on Firebase I saw that the reviewers emails were never captured and I build the user's profile around their unique email address. I was finally able to reproduce the issue the reviewers were reporting by removing my saved authentication user from firebase and on my iPad going to Settings > Password & Security > Sign in with Apple > My App Name > Stop using Apple ID. When I tried to sign in on my app using sign in with Apple I finally got the same issue that the reviewers were reporting: that it would leave them at the sign in screen after completing sign in with Apple successfully.

The reason I wasn't able to see it before is because I am building a cross platform app using Flutter and first tested the sign in with apple on my web app, which successfully linked my email to my apple ID on firebase, thereafter signing in with Apple on my iPad always worked because the link was already made. The reason web was working out of the box is because the email scope was automatically added, but it is not automatically added for Apple sign in on an iOS device.

So in my Flutter app I had to add:

appleProvider.addScope('email');

I had to remove my user again via Settings > Password & Security > Sign in with Apple > My App Name > Stop using Apple ID, before everything was working reliably repeatedly.

I realise not everyone is using Flutter with Firebase to build their iOS app, but maybe my situation helps you identify your problem as well. Here is the checklist I would suggest:

1. Make sure your bundle ID has sign in with Apple added
  2. Make sure your provisioning profile was regenerated after adding it
  3. Make sure you've added the sign in with Apple entitlement to your Entitlements.plist
  <key>com.apple.developer.applesignin</key>
	<array>
		<string>Default</string>
	</array>
  1. Make sure you've added the email scope to sign in with Apple
  2. Add an alert when the user's internet connection isn't strong enough
  3. You only get the user's email on the first sign in, so if you're not using a service like Firebase that handles storing this info for you, you will need to store it on some other cloud db, remember you must delete this info too when a user deregisters. On subsequent sign ins you only get the identifier and need to pull the email address from where you saved it.
  4. Delete your Apple sign account where you're storing the email address or any other info (Firebase auth in my case) and remove Sign in with apple via settings or https://appleid.apple.com/, and register on a real iOS device to get the exact same experience that the reviewers have.
  5. Throttle your internet speed to see what the sign in experience looks like on a bad internet connection via Settings > Developer > Network Link Conditioner

Hope this helps!